Plastic cam?

What type of engine is the hssk? Flathead or OHV? I have heard of these cams I have never seen one? I dont think would trust it under hard conditions. A plastic timing gear scares me. If it is a flat head you can probaly just put an older cast iron one in it.

HSSK is a flat head HS50, SK is for Snow King. I,m not sure, But I think there still metal on the HSSK, I never had to take a newer Snow King apart yet.

Well I think you are in luck, I have a brand new snow king 5.5 that I just took apart and am building and it has a cast iron cam in it! I even like the compression release better than the old ones! Good luck

Well I think you are in luck, I have a brand new snow king 5.5 that I just took apart and am building and it has a cast iron cam in it! I even like the compression release better than the old ones! Good luck
i was following your build what are you doing cam wise. are you going to have it reground?

Well, I would love to do a cam, but I havent been able to find a good valve spring. All of the briggs springs are to large or too long, so it looks like we are stuck with the springs that we have. But if I could find a good spring replacement you could get away with easily increasing lift by .075. without doing any modification which would give a significant gain. But the next problem like the briggs engine is breaking the lifter bores, they look like you would need to weld them to make them stronger. And I am not going to start welding the block. If the stock cam will give me good power to the 5500 rpm range I will be happy. If not then I will try to have a mild cam regrind.