Plastic Chrome Plating

I have a Rupp headlight bucket for rechrome. Looking for someone to chrome electroplate it, not spray chrome in a can. Anyone know a guy?

That's the place. I contacted them. They want good photos of your headlight and bezel before they will quote you a price. They quoted me $ 120.00, HOWEVER, they require ME to "prep" it which includes stripping and priming with a urethane primer, and sanding. Personally, I want the same company to do the prep that will be doing the finish.
Michael

capguncowboy

That's the place. I contacted them. They want good photos of your headlight and bezel before they will quote you a price. They quoted me $ 120.00, HOWEVER, they require ME to "prep" it which includes stripping and priming with a urethane primer, and sanding. Personally, I want the same company to do the prep that will be doing the finish.
Michael
That sounds like something they'd tell someone when they didn't want to do the work. All of the chrome shops I've ever spoken to will tell you NOT to do any prep work because you won't do it right anyway

It was few years ago and the parts weren't for me. The workmanship was outstanding. If it was my 1969 Hemi Roadrunner I wouldn't have thought twice. All chrome is expensive (at least for me). If it's something you really want, you will find a way to pay for it.

Did they also tell you that you had to completely strip it and prime it? (That is what I was told)
Michael
I was told to sand it down completly to the plastic, and then wet sand it. They are going to spray paint on it that conducts electricity, then dip it in nickel, then chrome. I had already stripped the old chrome off with sulfuric acid and electricity, so the sanding went quick. DSC04102.JPG

Last edited: