plastic gas tanks

what model engine do you have? Show a picture of what you got, someone should have one laying around that you can pick up cheap. I might even have something.

can you buff it out? I have sanded plastic with 320 wet and buff it with a buffing wheel and compound, most of the time turns out close to new looking.

Hi guys and thanks for answering. It's a Tecumseh H35. I will show you the ebay link here quick as I don't have a camera handy.

My kid really likes things to look old and rusty? He does not like refurbished stuff which strikes me as super strange. So we need to strike a happy medium as I like everything perfect looking.

Anyhoo here is the link. thanks again.

Vintage Tecumseh H35 Mini Bike Engine | eBay

buckeye

If your kid anything like mine were, they will have oposite of what you do. I started messin with them and told them or showed them the exact opposite of what I wanted, then they did what I wanted. Works with adults too.

Thanks buckeye. I started clear coating the motor. Looks cool actually. The tank i have not worked on yet. I hope to just get some of the gas resin off of it. Might try some carb cleaner on it.