Plastic vs metal cam gears

So i just saw a 6.5 with a plastic cam gear for the first time. I didnt even know they were made like that. So i was wondering if the metal cam is better for valvetrain work. Mainly stronger springs. People always say that stronger springs will wear down your cam. Well are they assuming you have a plastic cam? or is that tre with all cams? I would think the plastic cam would almost be destroyed by strong springs is the metl one gets worn quickly.

125ccCrazy

too heavy of springs will wear down most any cam unless it's been hardened but plastic cams in general will wear quick with stiffer springs.... If building any kind of performance engine with a plastic cam I'd suggest swapping to a metal cam..

WOW. I just realize that people have been getting SCREWED. The plastic cam gear was in NR racings YELLOW CLONE. Arent those supposed to be better quality?! I am SOOOO glad i just went the cheap blue one. mine has a metal cam. I saw the plastic cam in the youtube video "how to race prep a 6.5 clone" the one with 4 parts to the video. I really hope the engines theyve been claiming are BETTER arent actually crappier.