Plastic Welding Kit

McEwen

I work in the Plastics Industry. We have one of these Harbor Freight deals in the shop for quick fixes. They work just fine for beginner and hobby use. If you go into production you will be replacing elements fairly often. For the money it is a great deal. My buddy and I have repaired many a fenders, tanks, side covers, and etc. The key to the welding is using identical material as your weld "rod". When we fix say an old cracked fender we will shave a small strip from an unseen area like a side cover or whatever to use as the "rod". Good luck and feel free to hit me up with any questions.

JustEnough

Thank you for the reply. That is just the information that I needed.

They sell a few models at Harbor Freight. Do you know which model you have been using?

Plastic Welding Kit

Plastic Welding Kit with Adjustable Temperature

Plastic Welding Kit with Air Motor and Temperature Adjustment

I just picked up an 83 ATC200 and a 84 ATC200M and the big fenders have big cracks to repair. I only paid $25 for each of them and I am trying to avoid buying new parts, so I can brag about my bargain more impressively.

Last edited:

McEwen

Plastic Welding Kit with Air Motor and Temperature Adjustment - The other two would require use of an Air Compressor and the Temp Control is a must for ease of use. check out
Seelye, Inc.: welding projects, thermoplastic welding for info and tips on welding. This is the brand I sell but they start at around $400-$500 bucks + shipping. The most common one I sell runs around $1000. Used for production. Let me know if you run into any problems and I will get some more tips and tricks from my Buddy if I don't know the answer. There in Sacramento there's a company (my corporate office and sac branch) of Interstate Plastics. You can buy Weld Rod by the pound there. Good Luck!