Please help me identify my Rupp!

Can anyone give me an idea of what Model and Year this Rupp might be. Here is what I know.
It has an HS40 Tecumseh engine.
Trails tires. 12" front spoked, 10" Rear slotted
Front and rear brakes
No lighting wiring from the engine that I can see.

I looked everywhere and there are no stickers or numbers that I can find. I looked under the seat and it is all rusty and there is no sticker.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

It's not an hs40. The exhaust is on the wrong side. H25 h30 or h35. It may have an hs40 shroud and tag though. It's probably a 72

Last edited:

capguncowboy

It looks like a Scrambler (H35 and plate wheel) with a spoked front wheel. Is there a small plate on the front side of the engine (towards the front tire)? It should have some numbers on it. If so, post them up here.

By the way, I like that cookie-tin clutch cover :laugh:

Be sure you replace that rear shock before you ride it. Looks like it's about to break

Last edited:

jrzmac

Looks like a 72 Roadster with the lights missing. They problaby had a Scrambler lying around and just combined the two, throwing the rear wheel and the H35 on it. I thought maybe an Enduro's because of the lights, but if thats an original front tire, the Enduros had motocross treads, not trials .

Looks like a 72 Roadster with the lights missing. They problaby had a Scrambler lying around and just combined the two, throwing the rear wheel and the H35 on it. I thought maybe an Enduro's because of the lights, but if thats an original front tire, the Enduros had motocross treads, not trials .
I'm thinking the same. Even though the rear fender is bent it looks like a 12" wheel fender. The 10" fenders were shorter than the 12"

I want to restore it but I am not sure which direction to go. If I make it a Scrambler I am going to have to get rid of the front wheel because of the brakes. If I make it a Roadster almost everything will have to change. It does not have a HS40 in it. It just has a HS40 cover. What do you guys think I should do?

markus

Its got a 10" wheel specific swingarm on it, dunno when the change happened but it is the later 5 hole sprocket as well (1972). seat script is late model (small western style) look to see if just has one cut out in the center under the script or one big hole and 2 little ones...will tell you if it had a taillight or a reflector. Its pretty cobbled, but its mostly rupp parts at least :laugh:

Last edited:
Easiest cheapest direction would be to build a 1972 scrambler. It has the 72 up sprocket correct engine. You would need a front wheel and a front fender. The front fender doesn't look to be rupp at all. If you can straighten the rear fender and it ends up being the 12" length you can just shorten it. The 71 up 10" fenders are exactly the same radius as the 12" but shorter.

jrzmac

you guys are right. probly a 72 Scrambler with a Roadster front tire and unknown fender. gonna be easier to go in the scrambler direction I guess