Possible Purchase

x10

Trying to get it as quick as possible, BUT... the neighbor does not like me and we don't talk. Issues from 20 years ago. The daughter was over Friday evening so I struck some conversation and asked about the kart for sale. She said sure how about $100. I said sure and told her that I would be home all weekend and whenever they were ready. Told her to talk to her mom who owns the house and let me know. Never heard anything back all weekend. Not sure if the Mom said not to that jerk or what is happening. Trying to play it cool and she what happens. It has been behind their shed for 20 years. Only reason it's out is because they took the shed down. I will keep everyone updated.

bruces

Trying to get it as quick as possible, BUT... the neighbor does not like me and we don't talk. Issues from 20 years ago. The daughter was over Friday evening so I struck some conversation and asked about the kart for sale. She said sure how about $100. I said sure and told her that I would be home all weekend and whenever they were ready. Told her to talk to her mom who owns the house and let me know. Never heard anything back all weekend. Not sure if the Mom said not to that jerk or what is happening. Trying to play it cool and she what happens. It has been behind their shed for 20 years. Only reason it's out is because they took the shed down. I will keep everyone updated.

Get a friend to goet the deal done for you ,have them not mention you just that they heard there is a kart for sale

x10

Get a friend to goet the deal done for you ,have them not mention you just that they heard there is a kart for sale
Thank you. Good advice. The problem is the kart is not listed for sale anywhere. Just sitting abandoned behind their shed for last 20 years. It was pulled out and propped up against their fence in the past couple of months. We inquired if they wanted to sell. Daughter said sure, but it's her mom's kart left over from mom's brother from many years ago. Just waiting til we see them out in their yard again to ask again. Gave the misses instructions to keep an eye out for them during the day and go over with our 13 year old son. Who can say NO to a kid.

Harquebus

This is an awful thread, nothing but dismal hopes and shots in the dark. Shoulda bought the kart first and foremost {yeah, yeah I know you're trying}, no matter how long it takes to get it and then report here with questions. This is a "putting the cart {haha} before the horse" type of fallacy.

Sorry to mention this, but $100 dollars isn't a whole lot of money these days. It's a respectable amount, yes, but it is nothing extravagant for a bare frame, four wheels and tires, a seat, some linkages and a frame not covered head to toe in rust {like most seem to be}. Trying to identify it as a rare collectible go kart worth megabucks is rather secondary to the aspect of "do you like it?"

Come on maaan, get a "surrogate" buyer and nab that old heap. They're obviously not going to sell it to you.

Your photos are craptacular too; mostly ground, bricks and clutter... then you want us to try and ID the thing.

I'm not being mean either, I'm just busting your balls.

x10

This is an awful thread, nothing but dismal hopes and shots in the dark. Shoulda bought the kart first and foremost {yeah, yeah I know you're trying}, no matter how long it takes to get it and then report here with questions. This is a "putting the cart {haha} before the horse" type of fallacy.

Sorry to mention this, but $100 dollars isn't a whole lot of money these days. It's a respectable amount, yes, but it is nothing extravagant for a bare frame, four wheels and tires, a seat, some linkages and a frame not covered head to toe in rust {like most seem to be}. Trying to identify it as a rare collectible go kart worth megabucks is rather secondary to the aspect of "do you like it?"

Come on maaan, get a "surrogate" buyer and nab that old heap. They're obviously not going to sell it to you.

Your photos are craptacular too; mostly ground, bricks and clutter... then you want us to try and ID the thing.

I'm not being mean either, I'm just busting your balls.

The pics were horrible because I could not go on the neighbor's property for a closer look. I had to steal these pics from their Facebook account giving away free gravel - go kart not for free add. The discussion was with the neighbor's daughter who was suppose to check with mom and get back to me. She never did. Contacted my father and asked he inquired about the go kart next time he saw somebody out. Well one year later and he saw the daughter and son out in the yard cleaning up. Asked about the kart and they gave it to him for free. Said it was going to garbage soon. He asked them to toss it over the fence into my yard and they agreed.

I74

The pics were horrible because I could not go on the neighbor's property for a closer look. I had to steal these pics from their Facebook account giving away free gravel - go kart not for free add. The discussion was with the neighbor's daughter who was suppose to check with mom and get back to me. She never did. Contacted my father and asked he inquired about the go kart next time he saw somebody out. Well one year later and he saw the daughter and son out in the yard cleaning up. Asked about the kart and they gave it to him for free. Said it was going to garbage soon. He asked them to toss it over the fence into my yard and they agreed.
So,,, is it finally in your possession now ??

Looks like an old Rupp Dart A bone. I thought maybe the side bars were from an Enduro, but I don't think so, I think they are welded on after the fact. The tubing can be repaired using slugs, and virtually every part of the kart can be found. Robron Inc. might still be in business. Rob got all of the Rupp kart stuff when they went out of business, and was selling karts and parts under his own brand. There is also a fan base out there who can more readily identify it than I can. I do see the narrow hoop, and controls as Rupp. I restored one of those, but it was a slightly different model.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?media/albums/rupp-grand-prix-kart.5253/

Not a Rupp, it has Rupp pedals but that seems to be the only thing related to Rupp, It may be a Clark, they were very similar to the Rupp A-bone. Rupp rear axle hangers and rear bumper are different as is the front bumper. This kart has straight frame rails, the Rupp's frame rails taper in toward the front of the frame. The spindles look Rupp but then Clark copied a lot from the Rupp line.