Post up a tool that you have that you didnt know you needed until you got one...

I too have seen pvc sticking in walls many times. We would fix it in a rush so the boss could quit climbing the walls but we would be fixing them again before long. Its a miracle no one was killed.

My favorite tool is my butane torch/soldering iron. It's powerful as all hell and the open flame makes an even better soldering iron than a soldering iron. It's also useful for heat shrink and general heating of parts.

My second favorite is my M12 Milwaukee rotary tool (like a Dremel). Anytime you need to scrape a small gasket off, get a wire brush and some Brakleen and you're good. It's also good if you need to lop off a chunk of metal in a tight area or for porting/matching.

View attachment 101755 Is this true, or what? Sorry about the photo being sideways.
I missed this Freddy..... And no its not true. Yes sometimes you have a brain fart BUT if your tools are properly organized as to the most used to the least used you will know what you need and where it is. I bought my first "BIG" box in 1985 and layed it out in the above manner. I bought an even bigger box a few years later and kept the same lay out and its just natural to reach for what you want. I have 8 tool boxes now. 2 40 some inch wide work cabinets that serve as Minibike part storage and a work station. These are from Home depot and are damn good boxes for the money. They are regularly $298 but black Friday sale for $199. I bought my second one for $129 this year... They had the wrong price on it and had to honor it. 3 complete upper and lower setups, the smallest 1 is reserved for miss matched and junk tools that you don't mind cutting or bending to do a special job. 2 top cabinets that match, both Craftsman's, I bought the original one in 1976 and its grey with red drawers and a twin to it that I bought at the swap meet for $20 this year. I use them for welding consumables. And a small lower cabinet that has welding supply's. Mig wire rolls, wire brushes, magnets, squares, clamps.....

You have to start young though. If you start at our age you are already suffering from CRS so yes you always open the wrong drawer... This makes things worse because out of frustration you slam the drawer shut and open the next one and slam it shut and so on and so on... Then the next time you open the drawer you cuss and think someone has stolen all your tools because when you slammed the drawer they all went to the back of the drawer in a pile and the front of the drawer is empty.....

Just ask [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] he can confirm this one...

Doug

I have every piece of paper work and all the keys to every box that I have ever bought new. I got in the habit of putting the paper work and keys in the bottom of each box under the bottom drawer. All you have to do is pull the drawer out and there is what you want.

Last edited:
Yes......I'm afraid this is true ! Doug has brain farts all the time .....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Merry Christmas Doug ! :xmas-smiley-016: