Powell kick stand wanted.

Itype2slo

Other than the two side crimps you could easily make one with some flat steel stock, a vise and a BFH. I can take measurements and pics of mine if you need it.
I have tried it was bad. Am currently using a OldMiniBikes warehouse universal kick stand but need something more heavy duty. If you have time to make me one I will pay you.

I checked but the only flat steel I have is thinner than the powell kickstand thickness. It appears to be 1/4" x 10" in length and 1 1/2 inches wide. I took some pics so you can see the stand, the 1/4 - 20 bolt and spring that make up the kickstand. I forget to take measurements of the distance to the bend but I you want to make one I will go get more pictures with the ruler. You would need a decent sized vice and a BFH and you could take the piece of steel and bend it to match just fine. The issue is the crimps but if you have a mig welder you could just run two beads along each side and duplicate the raised section of the crimps which holds the stand in and out positions. DSC01944.JPG DSC01944.JPG DSC01945.JPG DSC01949.JPG DSC01950.JPG DSC01951.JPG DSC01944.JPG DSC01945.JPG DSC01949.JPG DSC01950.JPG DSC01951.JPG DSC01948.JPG

Itype2slo

Thanks, the trick now is to get the metal. Went to pick up something at Grainger and they were operating from the parking lot, a drive thru pick up. I bet I could get a piece of steel online. Thanks for the measurements .

Itype2slo

Hopefully everyone is staying safe at home with some time to kill. It's actually a good time to go through the garage, Old boxes and tubs of misc. parts for project bikes. Maybe to sell, or clean up and use. Anyways if while doing this, somebody comes across a powell kick stand that they might not use. Please PM me. Thanks and stay well.