powell phantom model JL

james c

this is todays barn find in lake elsinore ca. original 7hp with lighting coil, runs really good, still has ca. license plate, with front brake

Last edited:
Dang James, I need to move out there and just follow you around. Your a Powell magnet. Are you going to restore it? What color?

Jesse

james c

I would be tempted to spray it in clear, put a seat and air filter on it and call it good.
yeah, thats probably what ill do.

i do have a new phantom seat but i left the air cleaner behind at the sellers place
it will need a comet driven made for it unless i scavenge one from another powell, ive got a clutch guard and throttle and grips. ill get pics of the other side with brake.

CarPlayLB

not in California Sonny Boy! All vehicles that travel on road need documentation, regardless of year. Even the mass produced dirt bikes and quads all have title slips too! Ya see, here in California we have found ways to have "fees" for everything....but ya see, we don't call them taxes, they are "fees"

nice find James...although, you may be outta room and need to keep it my house!

CarPlayLB

Can you just apply for a new title? Over here in michigan you pay 15 bucks and get a new title provided you have the vin numbers.
We don't really call it apply here. You have to go to DMV with any documentation you have and they will do a search...and you need to pay "fees" (not taxes!) for them to do a search. If the vehicle has good history and you have valid proof of a lawful sale, they will give a new "pink slip". On cars, if a "planned non-op" , meaning vehicle was taken out of service and you paid the "fees" to park it, has been done, you are normally OK...if a vehicle has sat for many years and and no "planned non-op" "fees" were paid, you may be responsible as the new owner for all the back "fees"

We do love our "fees" here!

sorry to hi-jack James! Awesome find!