Pred 212 Hemi will not start.

Ran great! Put it away for like 3 weeks and it fired right up.

Got it out of the garage, hit the throttle and died. Now no start.

Tried two different plugs.
Made sure main jet was not green with ethanol crude. Gets gas and if it "tries" to start i get a back fire or a backfire through the carb.

Are Hemi predators victim of vale lash issues? Wanna make sure all other things are done before I pull off rocker arms. I did check them to make sure one wasnt obviously loose.

Thoughts?:sad:

gets spark, and does kinda start on ether. It is kinda tough to hold that 3MM? screw and tighten down the nut. I willl check to see if the rods are bent.

I run mine at loose zero but don't worry about that right now. Is the plug wet when you pull it? If it "tries on either" that tells me it's fuel related or weak spark. It's not uncommon to have a bad coil on these. I'm not sure how valve lash would be compromised when it was run Running and you hit the throttle and it died

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Set the lash to .005 and tried nothing.....

Shut the gas off and got it running. Let it run out of fuel and then fired it up on the gas "on". Must have been getting flooded. I rechecked the float and needle to make sure the gas was getting turned off.

Who knows, but it runs just as strong as before. Maybe it had bad gas in the line or something.

O, PS I did set the coil gap to .010.

Set the lash to .005 and tried nothing.....

Shut the gas off and got it running. Let it run out of fuel and then fired it up on the gas "on". Must have been getting flooded. I rechecked the float and needle to make sure the gas was getting turned off.

Who knows, but it runs just as strong as before. Maybe it had bad gas in the line or something.

O, PS I did set the coil gap to .010.
My bike is doing the same thing i will try setting my gap tighter & my lash