Predator 212 governor removal + upgrades

This Christmas I am looking to remove my hemi predator 212 governor. I bought this engine a few months ago.. Anyways I want to know what flywheel, timing, billit rod, cam, valve springs, gaskets, anything else I need... I want to know what to get. I won't need any help with installation as I have done a lot of research on that, I just sombody could give me exact part numbers so I don't big the wrong parts as I don't have the experience like the rest of you who have done it before. If somebody here can give me the parts numbers for all the parts that are needed that would be great.
Thanks have a good day!

So I was wrong I can't edit my post so I'm gonna re write it so it makes sense. :anon.sml: really did describe how i felt when I reread what I wrote.

This Christmas I am looking to remove my hemi predator 212 governor. I bought this engine a few months ago.. Anyways I want to know what flywheel, timing, billit rod, cam, valve springs, gaskets, anything else I need... I want to know what to get. I won't need any help with installation as I have done a lot of research on that, I just need somebody to give me exact part numbers so I don't get the wrong or "unnecessary" parts. If somebody can give me the parts numbers for all the parts that are needed that would be great.
Thanks have a good day!

and for the flywheel one says FLYWHEEL (GX200/CLONE) and in description ARC BILLET FLYWHEEL (GX200/CLONE) FIRES 32 DEGREES BTDC says about the Billiet. apposed to the other one for the predator FLYWHEEL (HEMI PREDATOR) does not mention the Billet FLYWHEEL (HEMI PREDATOR) FIRES 32 DEGREES BTDC. just want to be sure of which one for the Rod and which one for the Flywheel thanks!

It's refreshing to see a member actually doing this right, too many here disregard the warnings and take chances by not using billet components. Get a few opinions before committing to any one thing, there is a wealth of knowledge here to draw from.

The flywheel would be ARC6626 for the hemi. You really can't choose rod length without measuring. You need the piston at TDC and use a depth height mic to see how far it is below the deck surface. Generally a .020" long Rod fits, but the only way to be sure is to measure or use the standard 3.308" rod.
Camshaft selection depends on type of riding, compression, carb, head and other valve train upgrades. Are you going to spin this to 8000 rpm? Then a Black Mamba may be a good choice. Give us some more info on your bike and where you ride and we may be able to help you make a better selection.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Before you buy a rod , you need to know exactly how much your stock setup is IN THE HOLE . This means how far the piston is below the deck surface .
Everybody says buy the + 20 rod cause everyone thinks the stock piston is .20 below the deck , it may be it may not be . When the motor is done you need about .25 thou clearance between valves and piston at TDC . This can be done with the rod and or different head gaskets .

Thanks everybody for the responses! My bike is an MTD Trail Flite, My engine has so far has a Robertsons torque tube, upgraded air filter and a new jet. I have a large backyard with a field behind it. I will also be riding in the street where I will need to reach higher speeds.The bike also has a 4-1 gear ratio. I will add a picture of the riding space and the bike in a sec you.

The bike has also been sanded in preparation to be painted along with the bracket for the chain tensioner located by the clutch will be relocated farther back. IMG_9379.JPG IMG_9377.JPG IMG_9380.JPG IMG_9381.JPG

Go with the Black mamba senior...26lb springs & whatever carb you want to run you can even use your stock carb an bore it out with a dremal , but I run a 22 mm mikuni...I also use the standard Arc rod in my hemi predator, flywheel is 33 degree advance timing,...3 stage header, I have a few headers they are cheap an Walbro fuel pump now I just need a Tach

Last edited:
Oh an a 12 tooth 2 disc 6 spring bully......you'll need a high performance clutchy.......12 in the front and 60 in the back

That gives you plenty of speed out the Hole without poping a wheelie, Unless you want to & Enough torque to climb hills do burnouts ....haha yeah

so minibikin' when you refer to using the standard 3.308" rod it is the same length just billet correct. and is there an advantage of using a bigger rod would it require more modifications, same with standard size? Thanks !

On STORE they have the stock length rod 3.308" ROD (PREDATOR) it doesn't say anything about billet though just
3.308" ROD (PREDATOR) STOCK LENGTH INCLUDES BEARINGS AND BOLTS
Would this be the right one?

Yes, ARC6254 is the stock length billet. Longer Rodin better flame travel. It moves slower at TDC. It travels faster on the compression stroke.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]