Predator 212 Help! Gas mixing in the oil

Good afternoon,

Just reaching out for some help for some probably self-inflicted problems. I have a stock predator 212 bike and stupidly leaned it against something unstable. It fell completely over on the air filter side and was there for probably 30 minutes and a ton of oil ran out the carb and air filter. Whoops!

Since I had just received my stage 1 kit from you OldMiniBikes I took the stock filter off and cleaned the carb and put in the new jet and etube. I also added the exhaust and new performance filter and spark plug.

Then I added new oil. But when I started it it would sputter for a few seconds and if I added a little throttle it dies instantly. I had it running for about 30 seconds and checked the oil when it died. I checked the oil and a mixture of oil and gas came flying out.

That really concerned me so I drained all the oil, took apart the carb and cleaned again and reinserted the jet and tube again. Then I added fresh oil again but get the same result :( Really disheartening. I haven't added the springs or other pieces yet, just want to get it running first.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix? Thanks!

bruces

Your float is probably touching the carb body so it can’t close the inlet needle valve in the carb ,sometimes a little tap on the side of the carb with a screwdriver handle will knock it into place otherwise pull the bowl off again and recenter the float in the bowl .

Your float is probably touching the carb body so it can’t close the inlet needle valve in the carb ,sometimes a little tap on the side of the carb with a screwdriver handle will knock it into place otherwise pull the bowl off again and recenter the float in the bowl .
Thanks for the reply! I took the float off both times I removed and cleaned the carb but it won't hurt to look again!

Good afternoon,

Just reaching out for some help for some probably self-inflicted problems. I have a stock predator 212 bike and stupidly leaned it against something unstable. It fell completely over on the air filter side and was there for probably 30 minutes and a ton of oil ran out the carb and air filter. Whoops!

Since I had just received my stage 1 kit from you OldMiniBikes I took the stock filter off and cleaned the carb and put in the new jet and etube. I also added the exhaust and new performance filter and spark plug.

Then I added new oil. But when I started it it would sputter for a few seconds and if I added a little throttle it dies instantly. I had it running for about 30 seconds and checked the oil when it died. I checked the oil and a mixture of oil and gas came flying out.

That really concerned me so I drained all the oil, took apart the carb and cleaned again and reinserted the jet and tube again. Then I added fresh oil again but get the same result :( Really disheartening. I haven't added the springs or other pieces yet, just want to get it running first.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix? Thanks!
Leaned it out? ...Lean only matters under load....lean is mean...until it isnt
You mean starved it of oil?
Check gas tank evab carbon canister may have filled with oil
It may have been low oil sensor at first,
Rings washed out
Then you rejetted now runnin rich
Im just spitballin here
Larger main / smaller pilot viceverse rule of thumb
Predator gets it with just bigger pilot jet, and old honda emulsion tube (less smog bleed holes)
in my experience
The took away the good stuff and now sell it back to us as performance
I religiously shut off my fuel switch, sometimes after hot ride float sticks causing hot siphon...
Let me know

Leaned it out? ...Lean only matters under load....lean is mean...until it isnt
You mean starved it of oil?
Check gas tank evab carbon canister may have filled with oil
It may have been low oil sensor at first,
Rings washed out
Then you rejetted now runnin rich
Im just spitballin here
Larger main / smaller pilot viceverse rule of thumb
Predator gets it with just bigger pilot jet, and old honda emulsion tube (less smog bleed holes)
in my experience
The took away the good stuff and now sell it back to us as performance
I religiously shut off my fuel switch, sometimes after hot ride float sticks causing hot siphon...
Let me know
Lol leaned it against wall my bad...anyways still good info