Predator 212 hemi Mini bike build

Hello everyone, I am in the process of upgrading my Predator 212 motor for a Murray Track 2 mini bike.

My current parts are: 22 mm Mikuni carb w/ jets, 26 lbs valve springs, Isky Black
Mamba Cam, Hi flow air filter and a torque converter.

I am planning on removing the governor.......

Will the current parts I have wok without doing any machine work????
(as in shaving the head)

just wanted to do bolt on mods

You need a billet rod and flywheel. Need a good exhaust as well. With those mods if setup correctly it will surprise you.

You need a billet rod and flywheel. Need a good exhaust as well. With those mods if setup correctly it will surprise you.

ok good deal, as far as the rod..... any specific length? ive seen several different sizes, but didn't know which would be the correct length. I forgot to add earlier that I will be making an exhaust set up as well.

but with the current parts, and flywheel, rod no machining is needed correct?

would I need to change out the piston?

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Once you get the head off the motor carefully measure the distance from the piston top the the deck. A lot of Predators are .020 down. If that is the case, buy the rod that is .020 longer to get to zero deck height. That will give ya bump in compression and help all of this stuff work better together!

....and please don't forget the billet flywheel! I don't trust the Chinese stuff over 4k rpm's!

Thank you CarPlay. I will be seeking help for this. I'm pretty good with motors in some instances but once I get inside one I get lost very very quick, hopefully with the help from all on the forum I can get my motor completed

When installing a ARC Billit flywheel, does everyone do the timing wheel? Or just install wheel then set clearance?
I watched the video that ARC racing did for flywheel installation, but have seen posts with and without doing the timing wheel....... Just wondering:confused:

Last edited:
If you bought a new ARC flywheel the advanced timing is already built in to it... bolt it on with the stock key and you are done. Set your coil air gap at .030 or.040 what ever ARC recommends .

If you bought a new ARC flywheel the advanced timing is already built in to it... bolt it on with the stock key and you are done. Set your coil air gap at .030 or.040 what ever ARC recommends .

Glad to hear!! It's the newest style , so I'm guessing like you said it has the 32 degrees built in

Got my parts in today!!!! Shout out to OldMiniBikes Warhouse for a speedy delivery!!!! Flywheel,Rod and some other misc. parts. Already striped the 212 to bare block and removed governor and oil sensor. Will start this weekend on putting new parts in.