Predator 212 idle and starting issue

Okay here's the deal I brought a Go-Kart with a predator 212 non hemi with a big cone air filter...a couple days ago and it's would start but didn't run worth of crap I cleaned up the carburetor and quickly realized that there was some other problems with the carburetor

So I bought a new carburetor and a new emulsion tube and jet kit and figured while I was at it I put a header on it

I installed everything yesterday and it seemed to run just fine no issues started up really easy

Then today I noticed that the chain was a little tight so I adjusted it a little bit so that I could get a little slack in the chain

While I was at it I also went ahead and put a zip tie around the governor spring

Soon as I fired it up I noticed that it was idling a little strange a little high if I remember correctly so I turned the idle down a little

Everything seemed to run fine so I drove down the road a little bit climbed up a gravel road hill

And went and buzzed down the road a little bit didn't spend a lot of time at higher RPMs... Then I turned the go-kart around real quick and pulled up to a friend's house and as soon as I stopped the engine died.. I assumed that I just adjusted the idle a little too low or that maybe the linkage wasn't returning as well as it should

Anyway we talked for about 10 minutes but then when I went to start the engine it didn't want to start once I finally got it to start it really didn't want to idle... Eventually after several attempts I got the engine to start and stay running but it seemed like the idle needed to be turned up quite a bit

I drove it back home and it seemed to run just fine plenty of power so when I got it home I checked the linkage everything seemed fine except it was idling weird I adjusted the idle to where it should be and it would not stay running

Anyway I'm not sure what's going on I did go ahead and remove the zip tie although something tells me that it's unrelated and a coincidence