Predator 212 vs Honda 110 dirt bike

Hi all,
I was looking at stats on the Honda 110 dirt bike which i'm thinking about getting and the stats are

CRF110F 7.2 HP @ 7,000 RPM 6.53 TQ @ 3,500 RPM 163 lbs .044

The stats on the predator 212 are: 8.1 ft lbs @2500 rpm, 6.5 hp. As well the predator has more cc so a larger power band I think.

Am I correct on this?? So a mini bike with a predator and a good cvt could dust a honda 110?

Nathan, I feel you are correct. My Azusa minibike has that engine with a cvt, aftermarket air filter, open exhaust and larger main jet. That bike will go right out from under me if I don't hang over the handle bars doing a full throttle launch!

Nathan, I feel you are correct. My Azusa minibike has that engine with a cvt, aftermarket air filter, open exhaust and larger main jet. That bike will go right out from under me if I don't hang over the handle bars doing a full throttle launch!
Yeah. I bet. I’ve just been considering a 110 since dirt bikes are much more comfortable to ride and you can jump them. Maybe I ought get a bigger size though....

DaddyJohn

Am I correct on this?? So a mini bike with a predator and a good cvt could dust a honda 110?
I think it depends on what you want to do with either one...

Let me preface this by saying I have a couple of boys that have been riding since they were little, and we've run the gamut from JR50, XR50, XR70, TTR-90, XR100, TTR-125, and on up the ladder as they've grown. In addition, I've built several Predator-powered minis for giggles and general neighborhood mayhem.

With that said, what I would call small dirt bikes (and in this case, the TTR-90 is most like the CRF1100) are way ahead of the game off-road and on the trails. Their superior chassis, suspension, brakes, rider ergonomics, and an actual multi-gear transmission easily outclass your basic Doodlebug with a Predator in it. On the other hand, you might easily out-accelerate one of these bikes with your Predator mini on pavement. You may have less top speed, though I guess your results may vary.

Based on those factors, if I had to choose one of the types (Gladly, I don't!), I'd go with the motorcycle any day. However, the cost factor is heavily in favor of the minibike, and they are loads of fun... So like I was saying, I guess it depends what you want one for! :)

old shed finds

This is a little bit on the silly side..
There is no way the 212 would out run or race a Honda or yami 110cc with a fit 150lb rider...Come on.. I love our lawnmower powered bike too but lets try to be realistic. ..

I think it depends on what you want to do with either one...

Let me preface this by saying I have a couple of boys that have been riding since they were little, and we've run the gamut from JR50, XR50, XR70, TTR-90, XR100, TTR-125, and on up the ladder as they've grown. In addition, I've built several Predator-powered minis for giggles and general neighborhood mayhem.

With that said, what I would call small dirt bikes (and in this case, the TTR-90 is most like the CRF1100) are way ahead of the game off-road and on the trails. Their superior chassis, suspension, brakes, rider ergonomics, and an actual multi-gear transmission easily outclass your basic Doodlebug with a Predator in it. On the other hand, you might easily out-accelerate one of these bikes with your Predator mini on pavement. You may have less top speed, though I guess your results may vary.

Based on those factors, if I had to choose one of the types (Gladly, I don't!), I'd go with the motorcycle any day. However, the cost factor is heavily in favor of the minibike, and they are loads of fun... So like I was saying, I guess it depends what you want one for! :)
Exactly why I want a dirt bike. Because of all the reasons you listed. Mini bikes are not fun for hard trail riding. I was mostly just asking power wise.

This is a little bit on the silly side..
There is no way the 212 would out run or race a Honda or yami 110cc with a fit 150lb rider...Come on.. I love our lawnmower powered bike too but lets try to be realistic. ..
I agree. That’s why I posted this thread. To me it would seem that a 110 would be able to beat a predator but the stats said different. There is quite a few different variables though. Makes me wanna race a 110 against my mini just too see.

MJL

I'm 225lbs and ride a Stage 1ish Baja with a TAV. I can pretty much keep up with the 100lb neighbor kid on a 125cc? Honda until he hits 3rd gear. I can do this because I've geared the Baja way down with a 7" driven pulley, 9 tooth jack shaft sprocket and a 70 tooth rear sprocket. My Baja will pull nice wheelies and jump any little bump from a low speed, but not once theTAV has upshifted. That said, the rear end of the baja is a little rough on my rearend! The Honda has more ground clearance, is more agile, more stable, has a better riding position, front brakes, and downshifts much better than the TAV. Geared transmissions are much more efficient than a TAV which is really good at turning power into heat.

I have a bunch of bikes, from a hot rodded ct200 with a built predator and a tav2, to 125 powered small framed Hondas, some 2 stroke dirt bikes (kx65). They all do different things well. My ct200 has no suspension, but is easily the fastest of them all on pavement with room to run. The KX 65 will give it a great race, but cant match its top speed. Like anything else, it depends on what you want it to do.

Hi all,
I was looking at stats on the Honda 110 dirt bike which i'm thinking about getting and the stats are

CRF110F 7.2 HP @ 7,000 RPM 6.53 TQ @ 3,500 RPM 163 lbs .044

The stats on the predator 212 are: 8.1 ft lbs @2500 rpm, 6.5 hp. As well the predator has more cc so a larger power band I think.

No the honda has gears.

In my experience, a predator powered mini bike can be modified to outrun a Honda 110 on flat smooth ground. But, the Honda comes with better brakes, better suspension, the ability to change gears, better riding position, etc. If all you do is ride in a straight line on flat ground, then the mini bike might be a winning combination. I have almost a dozen little bikes- kx 65, several crf/ z50's with varying powerplants, a couple of predator powered ctu200's, an apollo rfz 125, etc. All of the bikes are fun for different reasons. My 60+ mph ct200 is on its 3rd or 4th motor, has a $250 custom welded and ported big valve cylinder head, has the benefit of thousands of dollars of sometimes trial and error research and part swapping - but at the end of the day it is a Wal Mart mini bike with balloon tires and no suspension. Building a bike to suit is very possible- the hard part is deciding what you want it to do. Having built a bunch of fun bikes, I realize I personally like tuning and building the bikes almost as much as riding them. Most people that just want to ride would be best served with a name brand Japanese mini- spend the extra money up front for quality, and enjoy riding the damn thing. The Chinese bikes are easy starter bikes, but replacing the cheap quality components and fasteners is almost constant. They rattle themselves apart with German efficiency, parts can be difficult to find ( lots of gas tanks are model specific-Apollo) or expensive, or impossible to find. Unless you like wrenching more than riding, just get a decent used Japanese bike and enjoy the better engineering. Power numbers are meaningless when comparing a lawn mower engine to a motorcycle engine with a real transmission. Maybe check out some YouTube videos of dirt bikes with tav2's and mower engines - cars and cameras and red beards garage are two channels that feature this kind of stuff.