Predator 212 / yellow clone parts interchangability???

I got a yellow clone on a kart i bought.
It has a header, intake adapter, and im guessing either a swapped carb or stock rejetted.
It had quite a lot of metal in the oil, still runs, but i was really wondering if i can just buy another predator and swap the yellow clone parts over?
The other reason is the top plate on the yellow clone doesn't really have a throttle cable setup I can use. I have a top plate for a predator that works great so that's another reason to swap the parts over if I can.
Are they all interchangable?

All I'm really wanting to swap is either the entire carb with the air filter and the header. If I can't swap the carbs I'd like to maybe just swap the jet and emulsion tube to the predator stock carb.
They look to be the same as the predator just with a different airbox and fuel tank.

I appreciate any help guys.

Last edited:
The carb/intake/header should swap over just fine. Internal parts, I think your clone would be a 68MM bore, the predator is a 70MM bore. I would keep the predator crank/rod/piston in the predator. If you got a Hemi predator the cam should swap from your clone, but not if its a non hemi predator. Correct me if Im wrong.

Last edited:
All the internals I'm leaving in the yellow clone. There was a whole lot of metal particles in the oil so I'm guessing the cam lobes are pretty worn anyways.
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be heading to harbor freight to pick up a hemi to join my old hemi.

Metal shavings could be anything really. Who knows. The oil may not have been changed often if at all.

Last edited:
Arent the yellow,blue and red clones all identical to the gx200's?
Yes, all that I have messed with. 196 versus 212 of a predator. If you were to put a 212 predator crank in a gx160 the rod will hit the top of the cylinder and not allow the crank to fully cycle unless clearanced, this was with a gx160 however, not a gx200. I've tried it. But like outcry said only changing external parts. What kart is that? Looks like an older one without adjustable spindles on the front? Looks like an offset oval kart with the same size tires on both left and right sides.

Last edited:
Kmc im not sure what kart it is. I bought two this week to mess around with in the yard :)
Well none the less, nice buy. They are fun. I have one tore down that needs to be put back together, they are real fun in the leaves, get squirrely pretty easy with those no tread tires on them.

The red one looks to be in very good shape. You have a nice set of Karts for sure. Are your plans to hit the dirt oval with them or just use them as yard karts for now?

Just for the yard. I plan to add an intake and header to the hemi on the red and build another hemi for the blue one.
First i need to work on another inch or so of ground clearance. Scared i will rip the lower motor mounts off.
Got to get a taller rear tire or get inventive lol

Just for the yard. I plan to add an intake and header to the hemi on the red and build another hemi for the blue one.
First i need to work on another inch or so of ground clearance. Scared i will rip the lower motor mounts off.
Got to get a taller rear tire or get inventive lol
Yep, I could see the lower mount under the frame hitting a rock pretty easily. Mine is the same, low ground clearance for sure.

Luckily my yard is pretty good but i worry about crossing the driveway.
Both have 11" tall tires. Blue one has alternate lower holes for mounting the axle which ive used.
Red doesnt but im going to drill lower holes.
I see there are 12" tall hoosier dirt wheels which would also help but dang they are like 65 bucks a piece.........

Luckily my yard is pretty good but i worry about crossing the driveway.
Both have 11" tall tires. Blue one has alternate lower holes for mounting the axle which ive used.
Red doesnt but im going to drill lower holes.
I see there are 12" tall hoosier dirt wheels which would also help but dang they are like 65 bucks a piece.........
Yes, dirt oval tires are expensive, they are proud of them for sure. You can go on bobs, 4cycle.com, probably find a used set there with plenty of life left in them.