Predator 212cc head gasket question

I have searched quite a bit and have gotten some conflicting information. Does anyone know if the GX200 head gasket will work on a Predator 212cc HF motor? If it is simply making the holes for dowel pins larger then to me that will work.

Any help is appreciatted.

Holy $hit... Nobody has any info?? NR racing does not answer a phone. AGK is in California, I am running out time to get this done before friday.

Bikerscum

I have searched quite a bit and have gotten some conflicting information. Does anyone know if the GX200 head gasket will work on a Predator 212cc HF motor? If it is simply making the holes for dowel pins larger then to me that will work.

Any help is appreciatted.
The stock 200 head gasket will not work.... bore is too small (along with the dowel holes.

This one will with a lil work...

It's the NR Racing 2.77 bore model. Sounds too big, but the Predator has a chamfer on the top edge of the cylinder... a gasket that is bore size will overhang.... not good.

You need to open up 2 holes.... the bottom right just a tad, and the top left a lot. See this pic...

The tool is a tapered reamer I bought from Radio Shack a hundered years ago.... best money I ever spent. A few minutes & your gasket will look like this...

And fit like this...

Good luck :thumbsup:

Chad,

Where do you live? I have a Predator 6.5HP head gasket. It might be stuck to the head, but I got the correct gasket. Usually, it is stuck to the head and when you peel it back you ruin it. I will not break down my motor until next weekend if I get the correct amount of bids on different parts. If not I will cancel all the auctions....:no:

You just can't find the parts for this new engine. That is why I am trying to part it out. If I fail I fail... I can live with that because I tryed!

PM me to discuss your dilemma.. I will let you have the whole head, valves, rockers, cover and what ever else you need.....Culver City, CA 90230 $15.00 plus $15.00 shipping to 48 states.

TT :shrug:

Bikerscum

The stock head gasket is a one & done deal....

The metal ring in the center compresses on installation....

I wouldn't advise reusing an old one, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that would.

I got a head gasket for Bandit40 and he seems very happy. Maybe it will not work. I would still give it a try if it were me.

TT

Bikerscum

If anyone wants a used stock 212 head gasket for free...

PM me.

The only reason I still have it is 'cause I forgot to throw it away.

:shrug:

Last edited: