Predator 212cc starter issue

I am building a taco Frijole minibike, and we're doing it in the monster theme like on the taco website. So we decided to paint the engine cover and the starter cover, when we went to put the engine back together, and we pulled the starter, it wouldn't engage and rotate the engine, any suggestions on what the problem might be, any more information you might need to be able tto make a suggestion, I'm open to anything.

I once put the wrong screws back in the cover and they were too long. It jammed up againts the Fly wheel viens.

Best thing is to take the Pull start mechanism off - test it by pulling and looking on the inside to see if the two start pins move out when you pull the cord.
While its off you can turn the fly wheel by hand just to make sure nothing else is jammed ( DISCONECT THE PLUG ) when doing this.

Then assemble again.

Pics speak a thousand words post some if you got them:thumbsup:

You probably left the little spring out and now the pawls do not extend. Go back where you took it apart and look for a little spring about 1/4 x 1/2 long It applies just enough friction for the pawls to come out pulling and to retract them whenb letting go.