Predator 212cc throttle bracket to bypass Governor

Hello All. I'm a new guy on the forum and new to small engines. I have a predator 212cc motor and comet torque converter. I just got my order: header/muffler, jet kit, high flow air filter kit, valve cover filter, and choke cable retainer clip.
I found this throttle cable bracket online. I was wondering if I could use it to bypass the governor without removing the internal pieces. I have to wait awhile until I can upgrade the internals.( the wife isn't too happy)
I do alot of different riding so not always wot.
Would that bracket work or is there a simpler way? Use lamins terms please.

Attachments

rmm727

My understanding is that bracket is for racing go karts that run the Predator with the governor adjusted for about 5000 rpm operation.

If you just take it all off and bend a new throttle linkage out of a coat hanger. i need to make my kids a little shorter still so it will idle a little lower. only pain is you have to have the carburator loose to put them on. im on number 3 that i have tried to get it right.i need to take pictures when i work on my stuff so i caould just post them and show.

rmm727

Basically, its an easy way for karters to hook their kart's throttle to the Predator's throttle lever. A mini biker could use it a similar way. Governor is still functional this way. There are cheaper kits that work with the stock tank and eliminate the governor for less money.

Basically, its an easy way for karters to hook their kart's throttle to the Predator's throttle lever. A mini biker could use it a similar way. Governor is still functional this way. There are cheaper kits that work with the stock tank and eliminate the governor for less money.
It's for a gokart. Any links to cheaper kits?

I've been looking but only find top flat plate kits. This one was the only other version I found. I may not know what I need to search or how to setup a kit you're talking about

Figured the "trainee" would have earned some brownie points with the boss and posted the link for the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have pictures of this installed or a how-to?
Any pros and cons? Insight?

I guess I should add the requisite warning that without the governor you need a billet rod and flywheel.
Yeah i do realize that. Especially with repeated wot abuse. I'm just looking for an advantage before I start upgrading the internals. Because it'll be a few months until I can talk wife into letting me spend a good chunk of $$ on the gokart again.

Where in indiana are you? I have a homemade solution that worked well for me. Only cost a couple bucks. The gov would still work with it if you want. I pulled all mine out. If you're close, I can swing by and show you my set up. I've also got a spare alky Briggs if you're looking to speed things up a bit. I do have a top plate on my kart motor, but I didn't use the throttle set up with it. I have all of those parts as well.

Where in indiana are you? I have a homemade solution that worked well for me. Only cost a couple bucks. The gov would still work with it if you want. I pulled all mine out. If you're close, I can swing by and show you my set up. I've also got a spare alky Briggs if you're looking to speed things up a bit. I do have a top plate on my kart motor, but I didn't use the throttle set up with it. I have all of those parts as well.
Oh that's cool. I live in Fountain County which is an hour west of Indy. I guess I'm just looking for a little more performance on the cheap until I can start upgrading the internals in the spring or so.

thumbnail-4.jpeg
It looks like it has the throttle cable come from the opposite side that I already have setup. I like learning how to do stuff but it's easier for me to be able to ask questions as we're doing it. I don't know when something isn't right.