Predator build carb information

I have a predator 212 with 3.308 ARC rod, ARC flywheel, stock dish piston, RTC-6 (stock 27/25mm valve) milled 0.050 off, 1.3 rockers with stock cam, 8 degree key and mikuni 22mm carb. My bike is a Manco with Maxitorque 10T clutch, 43T rear (4.30 gear ratio), stock 16" tires with paddel brake. Bike goes 67mph at the end of 1/4 mile. The clutch is slipping big time out the hole.

I'm upgrading to ARC 3.048 rod, flat top piston, (27/25mm SS valves), 5.5 valve guides and ISKY black mamba Sr. cam. I was thinking of upgrading my carb to 26mm mikuni or Tillotson alcohol. I don't care of the cost of fuel. My bike upgrades will be Honda Z50 front and rear wheels (drum brakes), bully 2 disc 428 chain 11T clutch, 47T rear spocket. Should a carb size increase be good or stay with 22mm mikuni????

trinik7597

the 22mm carb will support that build . your clutch is slipping because you are geared way to high !!you will never launch with that ratio even with the bully :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Instead of a Z50 front wheel, look at a Benelli front wheel. 10" and has a great brake! I adapted one to my Murray and it works great! You can also get speed rated DOT tires. I will see if i have a pic

Just as in cars, everyone wants to brag how big their carb is, when in actuality a smaller carb with increase the intake velocity. My car buddies all think its cool to have 750 double pumpers when my 680 Quick Fuel carb kicks their asses! Unless you are making movies, bigger is not always better!

trinik7597

Wouldn't the larger tire size change the gear ratio? I have a 16" rear tire.
there was a thread about this i am not real sure how much tire size affects ratio . i know that the ratio you are running will give you a great top speed but in my opinion you should not be higher than 5 to 1 or you are just abusing the hell out of your clutch :thumbsup: more hp at high rpm build will produce the same results with out killing the clutch