Predator pilot jet

toomanytoys

Been messing with my predator a bit more getting the carb right.

Running a header and intake.

Changed out the emulsion tube and a .36 main jet. Runs great at full throttle now. I had a .38 and it was way too big. Ran ok but bogged down a bit at wide open.

Now my issue is a quick jab of the throttle gives me a stumble and bog then it kicks off. I'm assuming my pilot jet needs changed. Stock is .015? I see man options and don't want to buy a ton of jets.

Seems most suggest .020 with the header and intake.

Anyone have a suggestion?

SAS289

I
Been messing with my predator a bit more getting the carb right.

Running a header and intake.

Changed out the emulsion tube and a .36 main jet. Runs great at full throttle now. I had a .38 and it was way too big. Ran ok but bogged down a bit at wide open.

Now my issue is a quick jab of the throttle gives me a stumble and bog then it kicks off. I'm assuming my pilot jet needs changed. Stock is .015? I see man options and don't want to buy a ton of jets.

Seems most suggest .020 with the header and intake.

Anyone have a suggestion?
I think stock is .016. This is one of my first things to do on my 196 once it gets warm out. I also have an off idle bog on my stock carb jetted at .035.

I have a small drill set and will start at .018 and go from there if needed. I may even play with the fuel screw to get the highest RPM at idle.

If I hose up my low speed jets I may be SOL because I'm using huayi carbs and not sure where to get low speed jets for it. The Ruixing low speed jets are available but do not fit the huayi carbs.

I have also heard others suggest .020-.022".

toomanytoys

I'm not interested in drilling. The jets are 2.50 each so I guess I'll get 10 bucks worth and try it out. I have a ruxing carb. It was 12.50 on Amazon. Other one was an epa complaint deal.

Last edited: