Predator question

I want to try this. Would the smaller diameter shot like bird shot be better than bigger diameter shot?
About how many lbs of shot does it take to fill the bars?

Thanks
Danford1
I'd probably try steel shot before I used lead. Lead will deform and break up eventually. They used to use lead in dead blow hammers. It would sometimes turn into powder and flattened shot. Now steel shot is the industry standard.

Joe

I just welded black pipe and fittings on mine. A little heat wrap and some flexible exhaust to hide it and a hot dog on the end... worked great and sounded nice.

I want to try this. Would the smaller diameter shot like bird shot be better than bigger diameter shot?
About how many lbs of shot does it take to fill the bars?

Thanks
Danford1
If you have a scrapyard local, but some used lead from them. Maybe wheel weights from a tire shop maybe... Melt it down and pour it into the handle bars. I've seen this done to drag cars rear bumpers. Take the bumper off pour lead in and let it cool.

Use # 7 1/2-8's shot. It probably won't take over 4-5 lbs, depending on your handle bar length. Don't worry about it flattening or going to dust....it's no being constantly pounded like a ad blow hammer. Lead has much better dampening qualities than steel.
Try a gun shop or reloading supply, or ideally find a trap shooter that reloads.

i have a 212cc predator engine on a garden tiller 3yr old this past spring i tilled up our small garden with it after i notice the oil was getting dark so i tilted it to dump the oil out, now all i can get it to do fire a few times and maybe a pop.i have a led spark tester on it spark seems weak but steady .i unpluged the oil sensor same thing no start-everything is factory-

Clean the carb and make sure the plug is not fouled. Usually after you tip them they smoke for a minute or so until they clean up. Just keep pulling. It will run.

Shoot some wd40 into the reed holes in the carb. You should be able to shoot wd40 in one hole on the right side and it come out of the hole on the left side. This is a solid little trick if you are planning to let the engine sit for a while.

I took the Rupp for a ride today with the new exhaust. Then I checked the exhaust temps. The pipe is north of 650 degrees. The muuffler cover is half that. I think I'm going to wrap the pipe. Not for performance gains...which is questionable anyway, but to keep from getting a good burn if I touch it.
I'm happy with using the stock exhaust on the 212 hemi. It is nice and quiet, even if it is a little tough to tuck under the seat.

Pipe is hot.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54428295@N05/37130200415/in/dateposted-public/

Muffler cover is under 300F
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54428295@N05/37130200315/in/dateposted-public/