Pro series mini bike

I just purchased one of these bikes used from a friend. It was built Sept. of '17. After reading through all of these pages, this is the better built model? I too am curious about why MegaMoto is out of stock on everything. Tomorrow, I was going to call to get a replacement title and order the recall kit. Should I even bother??

So in comparison to the clutch VS the CVT.. I have both and I will say I can't say I like the CVT more or less. The clutch I like because its smoother at take-off and is more engaged even when you let off so you don't get that snap snap snap feeling when you hit the throttle again. The CVT is like in free coast mode with no throttle even doing 5mph then if you throttle it, its abrupt. Great if you are looking for just speed and instant torque but bad if you just want to cruise.

So in comparison to the clutch VS the CVT.. I have both and I will say I can't say I like the CVT more or less. The clutch I like because its smoother at take-off and is more engaged even when you let off so you don't get that snap snap snap feeling when you hit the throttle again. The CVT is like in free coast mode with no throttle even doing 5mph then if you throttle it, its abrupt. Great if you are looking for just speed and instant torque but bad if you just want to cruise.
I agree that he CVT can be kind of annoying. I trail ride my bike most of the time and slower more techincal trails find my bike free wheeling and when I give it some throttle it does kind of snap engages. This can be annoying but if timed right it can work to your advantage to get over small obstacles. All in all I just think it is trait of the cheap CVT and small rpm range it has to work with. Mine engages around 2300-2400 rpm but most of the time when I'm riding I see 3300 rpm. So I'm only using 1000 rpm. Its too easy to drop below the engagement rpm while riding.

You can tune them to engage at a less rpm???
I haven't tuned one, but I know some have tuned them to engage at higher rpm by changing weights and/or springs. Don't know about lower rpm, but I think it should be possible, maybe just need lighter springs (I know you don't want lighter weights, which increase engagement rpm). You need to talk to someone who has experimented with them.

comet_20_and_30_springsv2_6.jpg

https://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/go...htorqtav30/gominiclutchtorqtav2parts.html?p=1

I haven't tuned one, but I know some have tuned them to engage at higher rpm by changing weights and/or springs. Don't know about lower rpm, but I think it should be possible, maybe just need lighter springs (I know you don't want lighter weights, which increase engagement rpm). You need to talk to someone who has experimented with them.

View attachment 245063

https://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/go...htorqtav30/gominiclutchtorqtav2parts.html?p=1
Well if I'm going to go around changing things up I might just buy the comet tc.

So I removed the spacer an boy was I in for a surprise!!!!
Max speed before: 33mph. Max speed after: 46mph.
This testing was done on flat ground and by my bro who weighs 25lbs more than me.
Also it was a reliable speedometer.
This thing HAULS BUTT.