Probably a good thing I quit driving the car...

I knew my wagon needed new front tires. It's been lowered and I never bothered to get it aligned since it tracked straight. It does chew threw the inside of the tires though. I decided to quit driving it this week since I had tires come in and finally pulled the wheels off today. I got fucking lucky. I was going to drive it to work this morning too. Driving the diesel truck sucks with fuel prices right now. I'm sure if I drove it I would have had a blow out. The first pic is the passenger side, the second is the driver side.

I'll be scheduling an alignment for the car when I wheels in tomorrow to get the tires swapped.

edit: Both tires still hold air just fine.

Attachments

Last edited:
If thats the inside then the tires were toed out and while it would drive straight, turning might be a bitch. Tires should have a slight toe in at least on most vehicles.

toe out rear wheel drive toe in front wheel drive
But almost looks like something is rubbing
I've ran9 degrees camber on right front on a round track car and never had wear that bad it ate 1/3 of the tire

toe out rear wheel drive toe in front wheel drive
But almost looks like something is rubbing
I've ran9 degrees camber on right front on a round track car and never had wear that bad it ate 1/3 of the tire
You have it backwards.

Toe out for front wheel drive as the tires are pulling the car down the road. Toe out allows them to pull forward into a parallel track.

Toe in for rear wheel drive as the car is pushing the front tires down the road. Toe in allows them to drag back into a parallel track.