Problem with mbx11 front suspension

Ah yes, the ballistic battery. I couldn't find one that was 18ah. I have electric start so need something that will start the bike plus run lights.

So I assume your hooking all the lights to the 12v battery? Beware that with battery voltage fluctuation comes diming and blown LEDs .
no, the lights will not draw that much amperage, they will be off for the major part of the time... the ballistics are designed for starting... and mainly need it for that.... one the bike is running... the charging system on my project will be able to keep up with anything i add with no problem
Did you mean 500 lumen or 5k lumen?
this is similar to the light i use, when temp need a light... meant 5000 lumens, wanted a single led housing initially... and these lights are as bright as headlights... work well on minibikes... especially in a pinch.. just too small a housing for me to use it for the look i need on my project..
Bike Front Lights,LS070 5000lm 2xCREE XML U2 LED Cycling Bike Headlight Headlamp Front Light Suit (Black) 2015 ? $19.99

no, the lights will not draw that much amperage, they will be off for the major part of the time... the ballistics are designed for starting... and mainly need it for that.... one the bike is running... the charging system on my project will be able to keep up with anything i add with no problem

this is similar to the light i use, when temp need a light... meant 5000 lumens, wanted a single led housing initially... and these lights are as bright as headlights... work well on minibikes... especially in a pinch.. just too small a housing for me to use it for the look i need on my project..
Bike Front Lights,LS070 5000lm 2xCREE XML U2 LED Cycling Bike Headlight Headlamp Front Light Suit (Black) 2015 ? $19.99
Oh I see big difference in lights lol, I think they are rechargeable battery lights.
Are those ballistic batteries agm or lipo?

What's the charging system you have?

Oh I see big difference in lights lol, I think they are rechargeable battery lights.
Are those ballistic batteries agm or lipo?

What's the charging system you have?
right those are stand alone and have their own lith battery pack... was initially what i was looking for, just in a better housing/ more universal package... looks like i wont find exactly what i need, so i may either make it, or just use a different style light altogether... just need something small and inexpensive...

the engine is a briggs vanguard has a charging system which i believe ramps up to around 14 volts at rpm... not worried about the charging with the system though, i just need it to start the engine... so that i dont have to lug around a battery box/starter box of some sort... just want to hit the starter button and fire this up...

right those are stand alone and have their own lith battery pack... was initially what i was looking for, just in a better housing/ more universal package... looks like i wont find exactly what i need, so i may either make it, or just use a different style light altogether... just need something small and inexpensive...

the engine is a briggs vanguard has a charging system which i believe ramps up to around 14 volts at rpm... not worried about the charging with the system though, i just need it to start the engine... so that i dont have to lug around a battery box/starter box of some sort... just want to hit the starter button and fire this up...
I understand, that's why I converted mine to electric start. Key start was more like a bike than pull start lol. Those have charging coils that out out AC like mine from magnets on flywheel but use a rectifier to convert to Dc. They put out a variable dc output so before you buy 12v lights and blow them....either put in a steady 12v rectifier for 12v lights or use variable voltage leds like my headlight in the pic.

I got confused on this. Is the bike going to contain a battery for starting the engine? If so, a rectifier/charging system is very straight forward, and you simply run any lights you have off of the battery. (Not off of any secondary charge circuit within the motor) Any battery with the AH rating to handle a starter will be more than enough for any LED or incandescent lamps you chose.

I got confused on this. Is the bike going to contain a battery for starting the engine? If so, a rectifier/charging system is very straight forward, and you simply run any lights you have off of the battery. (Not off of any secondary charge circuit within the motor) Any battery with the AH rating to handle a starter will be more than enough for any LED or incandescent lamps you chose.
correct the way im setting my lights up, will be the same as in a typical vehicle... was just pointing out that the other bright leds i typically used, have there own rechargeable batteries in response to what he was saying, but i do not intend to use that style of lights.... the entire electrical system will run off the 12 volt battery on my project...

Hey LSCustoms, did you purchase your battery just yet? I am having a battery made to my specs and will cost less, put out more amp hour, and weigh less than ballistics.

It's same lithium technology so your bikes charging coil won't charge this. You need a lithium charger for $35-$40 fully automatic.

I already have the charger, waiting on the battery and going to test it ASAP.
I can let you know how it goes if your interested.

It will discharge at burst of 200amps for 5secs(well in the safe range for electric starter)
discharge normally at 100amps(way overkill for just leds)
and will produce 10AH worth of power(all my LEDs add up to 4amps so I can run them all continue at same time for 2.5hours before recharging.
Running them all at same time will never happen since only led active will be brake light. Actual tail light will be wired with headlight on switch.
So I am looking at probably 5 hours of use without a recharge.

Last edited: