Project: BAD TO THE BONE

Time to do some upgradeing on my bike like a new paint job, disk breaks, cheeta clutch, and some more engine mods... thought i would post up pics as i go along....enjoy! :devil2:

zeeman

I like the idea of using a motorcycle type carb on the old flatheads. What are you running? How's it working? Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks! It runs spot on with that carb set up.....its a 26mm knock off, and a custom manifold....the block is ported and the manifold was ported to match.

Update-Painted up my briggs cover today it still needs work...and stripped most of the frame. im gonna try something new and polish out the bare metal frame....ill have pic of that soon! :thumbsup:

Alright! i got some updates! i stripped half of the frame and did some polishing...its looking good so far! tell me what ya think!!:thumbsup:

Update: cheetah clutch is on its way along with a new sprocket and brakes. pictures soon! thanks for the comments!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
zaskar- Thanks! i dont plan on doing a clear coat...ive been been trying some things to keep surface rust away and polishing compound seems to be the best... or a thin coat of wax.....but i always use duplicolor on my builds.They have awsome clear coat and lots of great colors.:thumbsup:

Im getting ready to paint an Azusa frame (maybe Orange) but I like the bare steel finish / color. I think it will rust quickly if you do not apply some kind of clearcoating. I do not know how long the clearcoat will last and if you can detect it until rust appears.
I have a couple of bicycles and the frame is polished aluminum - they look great and very easy to maintain - but aluminum does not rust.