Project Bird problems and questions

Tecumseh is what came on that bike , keep it and get her running !!! If it has good compression and spark a $16 Chinese Carb replacement is probably all it needs !

A lot of mini bikes have been saved with ex Tecumseh snowblower motors . You will need a Air Cleaner kit part number 730164 and throttle kit 730136A . Also if you need a clutch , Max Torque 3/4 shaft 04-455 . Prices will vary , but it will be around $80 for all three . I sent you a PM with my phone number if you have more questions .

capguncowboy

If he can't get a tecumseh engine running, he's not a very good small engine mechanic.

This will be a learning experience for you. Grab a few necessary parts and tear into it. You'll be glad you did

Took the mini to our local small engines shop. Turns out its got a tecumseh snow blower engine on it. His words were.....the junkiest of junky and not very good in the summer. Should i junk the motor and put a Briggs on it? What do you guys think? Says he can probably make it run.
I'm not far from Rock Falls. PM me the name of the shop so I know where to stay away from!! Absolutely nothing wrong with a Tecumseh engine. :thumbsup:

If you do decide to downgrade to a Briggs, I'll take that junky Tecumseh off your hands :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And seriously, if you want to get it running yourself, I can help in person. Let me know. :thumbsup:

capguncowboy

Where are you located Mini Kenny? Would love the help if this clown cant figure it out.
If he helps you with your engine, be sure you take notes. Trust me when I say that it's totally worth it to learn. Once I got it all figured out (with lots of help), it seemed to obvious and simple. BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE RIGHT TOOLS to do it right.

Thanks for all the info guys. Very helpful! I went and picked it up from the guy today. He hadn't even looked at it and after talking to you guys I didn't want him to anyway. I took a few more pics of the motor and the way its set up. Ill post the pics when I figure out how...lol 20160419_163314.jpg 20160419_163322.jpg 20160419_163405.jpg

A lot of mini bikes have been saved with ex Tecumseh snowblower motors . You will need a Air Cleaner kit part number 730164 and throttle kit 730136A . Also if you need a clutch , Max Torque 3/4 shaft 04-455 . Prices will vary , but it will be around $80 for all three . I sent you a PM with my phone number if you have more questions .
Where do I find that clutch Yankee? I cant seem to find it on OldMiniBikes?

We messed with it today and it actually started pretty quick. but It wont stay running for long and then we couldn't get it started again. I sprayed the card real good with carb cleaner then it wouldn't start again. So?

Look for a Max-Torq clutch . Looks like you need a 3/4 shaft . Measure to make sure it is not 5/8 . Sounds like your spark plug is wet . You do not need much starter spray to get the motor to pop . I recommend you get with someone with knowledge to help you . Minikenney offered .