Project: Kitty Cat. The 300X.

A slow start, but a start none the less. lol Before and how it sits as of now! Discovered three cracks in the motor plate and a crack in in the rear seat mounting bracket. Would the remedy be to drill a small hole at the end of the cracks, grind out a valley and then weld it up? Plan is to get it sand blasted, fix the cracks, then paint/powder coat. Going to be a slow build.

Today.

45t

Cool project! Are you making a 300x "The Kitty" Cat clone?

Here's my daughters 1969 250 KC Kitty Cat

Last edited:
Haha, yea I totally planned to paint it pink! Hello kitty theme!

If all goes to plan I may be able to send it out on monday to get the cracks fixed and off to sandblast/powder coater! Just have to decide on a color and break down the rims and misc stuff I want stripped and painted.

While the frame is with the powdercoater, I've been giving the briggs a makeover. Cleaned her up, painted and new gaskets. Still not finished, gas tank is in primer and waiting on the crank shaft gasket cover to show up.

Not perfect, but a heck of a lot better than when I got it!

Parts have started to come in...seat should arrive on monday. Tires, tubes, peg cover, brake cover, kill switch, throttle/grips, etc No ETA on the frame....

Looking good Andrew!! Are you going to add a clutch brake, it would add some stopping power to your bike if the scrub brake doesn't cut it.

where did you find the foot peg and brake lever covers :shrug:i need some of those for one i am going to do for my son this winter:thumbsup:
The foot peg covers are Hunt Wilde tricycle grips which I beleive came stock on CATs. 3/4" diameter and 3.5" long. You can probably get them cheaper if you look around, I paid $6 shipped.

Vintage Hunt Wilde Trike Tricycle Handlebar Grips Black A Pair | eBay

The brake cover came from a BSA motorcycle. From this seller.

BSA A10 A7 Shifter Shift Lever Rubber 29 3250 Gear Change Pre Unit Grommet | eBay