pushing power out of a Briggs OHV

I have a Briggs industrial engine. Its a 250cc 1150 series with the 3/4" shaft. I have the advantage because it's stock with a 3 inch bore. Its a great engine I love it and has pretty good power. Anyone know of any ways I can fairly cheaply have this engine spinning faster and higher ? I've got a 26mm mikuni for it and exhaust but I'm always hungry for top end. I have a standard max torque but the engine is rated 8-9 hp and it doesn't rev up all the way on my mini bike (maybe cause the max torque clutch isn't rated for this engines power?????) all advice greatly appreciated.

a clutch does not make an engine not " rev up all the way"

what is "all the way"? do you have a tach? you have any idea how fast you are spinning the engine already? do you have an aftermarket flywheel or are you dangerously bypassing the governor without one?

i know how you make an engine spin faster, but how do you make an engine spin higher?

im sorry for poking fun here, but when you lead with "I have the advantage because it's stock with a 3 inch bore." i had to laugh. I dont pay attention to how big my engines bores are unless i am rebuilding them.

That's what a Briggs race engine builder told me. And no I did not bypass the governor, without a load my engine will rev to 4000 with a load only ~2700. Thanks for the help

a clutch does not make an engine not " rev up all the way"

what is "all the way"? do you have a tach? you have any idea how fast you are spinning the engine already? do you have an aftermarket flywheel or are you dangerously bypassing the governor without one?

i know how you make an engine spin faster, but how do you make an engine spin higher?

im sorry for poking fun here, but when you lead with "I have the advantage because it's stock with a 3 inch bore." i had to laugh. I dont pay attention to how big my engines bores are unless i am rebuilding them.
Well I was going to try an animal or WF flywheel. But how can I make it rev to higher RPMS.

to make it rev higher you need to remove the governor, but to rev higher safely you need a better rod, flywheel. That engine should be a model 15 and if it is, the animal/WF parts fit it (cam, rod, crank, flywheel) I have WF billet rod that I can sell you and a blue coil for the pvl flywheel if interested.

to make it rev higher you need to remove the governor, but to rev higher safely you need a better rod, flywheel. That engine should be a model 15 and if it is, the animal/WF parts fit it (cam, rod, crank, flywheel) I have WF billet rod that I can sell you and a blue coil for the pvl flywheel if interested.
well i know 250cc is 15 cubic inches idk if that relates to being a model 15 but someone else told me it was as well. how much would you sell the rod for. i dont have a pvl flywheel but if the coil works for the factory flywheel i am interested.

well i know 250cc is 15 cubic inches idk if that relates to being a model 15 but someone else told me it was as well. how much would you sell the rod for. i dont have a pvl flywheel but if the coil works for the factory flywheel i am interested.
I'll take $30 shipped for the rod, the coil will not work with the stock flywheel though.

I'll let you know I definitely let you know shortly I need it. If you sell it you sell it but definitely keep me in mind that's a steal I need it !!!