PVC Catch Can ver. 2.0

T-Town Mini

I wanted to improve on the original version of a PVC Catch Can I'd made previously so, what follows below is what I came up with this time.

(The original thread discussing breathers can be found here: https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/99278-breather-post861072.html#post861072 )

This is Version 1.0:
The looks of the first one just didn't fit with the filter being wider than the rest of it and, it always bugged me...but, it worked so, it stayed in place. This week, I finally decided to make a change and create a new one with better proportions.

Some new PVC materials were gathered that would be a much better match for the filter element from the original.

After the parts were cut up, drilled & tapped and sanded into shape they were ready to be glued together. The aluminum strip is for a new mounting bracket and, the nylon mesh will be stuffed inside.

With the glue cured, everything was cleaned, sanded and prepped for paint. (Krylon Fusion Satin Black)

The final results.

Mounted back on the Bonanza.

It came out lookin the way I had hoped. The larger size just barely clears hitting the frame as mounted. It'll do for now.

T-Town Mini

I like it :)
Where did you get that nice little filter? Do you have a part number for it?
Danford1
Thanks. I don't have a part number...it can be found on Ebay, though. Just search for a "breather filter" and you should get plenty of results. It was about $3.xx shipped as I remember. It was originally red anodized in color before I painted it. I wanted one with a red filter element and had to make due.