Quas-Animal--the Intek build revealed

Awesome job on that engine! I will hopefully be building an intek soon so its cool to see this and learn some things from it. Also, could you give some details on how you did your polishing? And maybe where you got some of the parts please?

Last edited:
Awesome job on that engine! I will hopefully be building an intek soon so its cool to see this and learn some things from it. Also, could you give some details on how you did your polishing? And maybe where you got some of the parts please?
Polishing was done the old fashioned way: elbow grease and 000 steel wool. The block cleaned up pretty quickly. The tins were stripped, primed, coated with metalcast base coat, anodized red, and Eastwood 2k Urethane. Flywheel came from Comet Karts and a lot of the engine internals came from Turk Bros. Carb, OEM coil, fuel pump, fuel pump plate, stock Animal cam and rod were e-Bay finds.

Thanks for the compliment. The pdf in the first post has all the details of how to build the quas-animal.

My copies parts are almost all here..
You run that thing yet?
Thanks again.
Every time there seems to be a good day coming it rains or storms or something. I still have some final details to get done (flywheel secure, carb linkage, stand for an external tank). And, I wanted the clear to really cure before I started yanking on the pull cord.

I looked at your powerpoint finally (It doesn't work on the mobile device I use, had access to a desktop) and it is very informational. Great job on it! Im 14 and the intek I am building will be my first complete engine rebuild and the powerpoint will help a lot. One more question, what kind of breather filter is that and where did you get it?

Nice build! I have an "animalized" intek as well mine is only a 190 tho. I got all my parts second hand off ebay. I have maybe 2
$200 into it.
Arc billet rod was the only new part lol
Its got the rod an anmod 1 cam, Jr racecar flywheel, animal springs and pushrods, port work and .070 taken off on the stock intek head and a 22mm kehien with the animal manifold. Runs like a bear!!

buckeye

No, where is it?

Lost my mind actually. A fine member who I purchased most of the parts for this block, has everything needed. Plus..:laugh:

Quick resurrection of this awesome build to ask one thing that I couldn't find, does the Intek starter cup & recoil assembly bolt right on to the older animal flywheel used here ? I can't seem to locate part numbers this week. I seem to be collecting the wrong starter cups and recoils so far, although when I hang them all up they look quite breathtaking together:eek:hms:

Quick resurrection of this awesome build to ask one thing that I couldn't find, does the Intek starter cup & recoil assembly bolt right on to the older animal flywheel used here ? I can't seem to locate part numbers this week. I seem to be collecting the wrong starter cups and recoils so far, although when I hang them all up they look quite breathtaking together:eek:hms:
Yes, it did.