Question for the reloading guys

WrenchDad

Hi guys
I'm trying to reproduce Remington core lokt 150 gr 30-06. Is any one currently doing this and or have the reload data?
Specifically my question is how many grains of IMR 4350 do I need with a PSP to match Remingtons spec's. I have seen many charts but cant find one that calls it out for this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
W.D.

IMR doesn't list (Nor did you specify) that exact bullet but with 2 different Nosler 150's the starting load is 54.0 grains. Looks like MAX is 57.5-58.0. Odds are like everything else in reloading it is whatever works for you. Start light!! Dial it in from there-

Load up 10 at 54 than 10 at 54.5, 10 at 55 and 10 at 55.5 and 10 at 56 and head to the range and see what works for you.

From my experience the MAX load is usually the most Inaccurate. Start at the bottom. Be Careful and be Safe.

BTW-IF you want consistent-WEIGH every single powder charge. Put them on the nats ass. Good Luck-

WrenchDad

IMR doesn't list (Nor did you specify) that exact bullet ] I'm looking to use a Pointed soft point or a Jacketed soft point but what brand I dont know. I had two guys load for me in the past and they loaded to the same spec as the Remington 150 core Lokt (PSP) but I dont have access to them or that info anymore. Those shot fine Both guys 3" groups at 100 yrds. The info you gave me should give me a starting point.
Thanks

Going off the Hornady book what atkrider gave you looks good.In the low to med range.A good practice is to figure out what bullet you are going to use and then use that book.

WrenchDad

Going off the Hornady book what atkrider gave you looks good.In the low to med range.A good practice is to figure out what bullet you are going to use and then use that book.
Let me back up a little bit. I am trying to duplicate the Remington 150gr core lokt PSP. The guys that loaded for me before did that (to factory spec's) so as far as I know those rounds (ballisticly) acted just like Factory Remington core Lokts. They may have used remington bullets and something other than IMR 4350 but I dont know. I am not re-load savey. Another friend of mine has the equipment. (he currently has IMR 4350 and primers to use) but not the reload info for that round, So I was trying to get info to work with what was already available.

If any one has the factory specs or is currently reproducing this (30-06 150gr PSP ) or has a recipe for it please let me know what that is.

Let me give you some free advice.Try not to get to hung up on having the exact spec.I doubt that anyone can give you the spec's, Ammo co. tend to keep that under their hat.Plus you will not likely find core-loc bullets.Remington core-loc cartridges are good but not the best anyway.Work up a good load that works in your rifle,and you will be way tighter than 3inches.

WrenchDad

I agree and I'm not arguing any thing that any one has said. If I was going to start from scratch I would do just what you suggested with the Hornady or any thing else I would get. I have some shells left from the last set of reloads and wanted to try and match those specs (and I was told it was factory specs) Thats all. More than likely I will just get another box of the Remington 150gr core lokt to use this year and then buy projectiles and reload to IMR book specs for that bullet next year.

Even If the guys reloded to specs other than factory (they loaded pretty much the same because the rounds shot interchangable.) Regardless I dont have thier info, One guy I havent seen in years the other guy I work with but he is out now with heart trouble.