Question Regarding Burgerking.

The wife and I went to Burgerking for lunch today. The bill came to a little over eleven bucks. I pulled out a ten and two ones and laid them on the counter. The kid behind the register says that he's not allowed to pick up money off of the counter; that I have to hand it to him. Of course I asked why and he said that he didn't know but that's what they told him he has to do. Anybody here ever work at BK and can offer an explanation. I'm at a loss to explain it. Ogy

Who knows. Might not even be a rule. Maybe while the kid was being trained he tried to grab money while a customer was still counting it out and the boss told him to never do that. Maybe the kid interpreted that to mean never pick it up off the counter under any circumstances. :shrug:

You know, these days, anything's possible.

Many years ago my ex used to work at Wendy's. At the time they had a policy that you weren't supposed to hang out with co-workers on your own time. If you were seen with another employee during off hours, you were fired.

I worked at BK in high school. It was pretty demeaning but it was gas money. My first time on the register, I give a guy 10 bucks change, he takes it from me and says " oh you only gave me five back" but he had it hidden behind the counter. He was pulling a fast one, and I knew it.
The manager told me to just give him the money, as we were busy but lo and behold my drawer was exactly $5 short at the end of the night.

It seemed like even though it was fast food, we tried to make it as good as possible for the customer and make the food correctly and in a timely manner. Nowadays "fast food" takes forever and the quality of the food and the experience has really gone downhill.

Last edited:
You know, these days, anything's possible.

Many years ago my ex used to work at Wendy's. At the time they had a policy that you weren't supposed to hang out with co-workers on your own time. If you were seen with another employee during off hours, you were fired.
Years ago I used to work at a restaurant that had the same policy. No fraternization they called it.
Now I work for myself, and I can hang out with whoever I want:001_tt2:

Good to see you back OGY, Hope you are doing well. How are the Campus' coming along?

Being a banquet manager, I asked my wife about this. She said the reason some places require you to place it in the workers hand is so you or they cannot say there was more or less than money than was exchanged.
For example, you place $12 on the counter, the employees picks it up and says there is only $10. Now, you think he took $2. Personally I don't see the difference but apparently it is commonplace in many restaurants.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Money can do a lot of weird things to people especially those who don't have much of their own. While working at a big hotel one maid picked up a pillow to change out the cover and gave it a big shake and out came a shower of money literally thousands of dollars she fainted on the spot she was so overwhelmed and fearful. The prior guest put the money there and forgot it upon checking out .
While working at the Beverly Hilton as a engineer I went into a suite of Arabic oil royalty and I had to go into a room and close the door to take a temperature reading of the AC outlet and on the lamp table next to the bed was a 4 inch high stack of $100.00 bills. So I asked one of the family to come into the room with me he got the drift and removed the pile of cash.
I love these chances to share life's past.
Steve