Racing Karts in the yard

Ok guys so I went out and bought to racing karts.
One i believe to be an older margay or something (american mount rails)
and one unknown (international mount)

Anyways I will post pics shortly.
I'm running 11-6 tires on the rear of both.
I have 1 axle adjusted down and its pretty close to good but the other I will have to drill new holes in the bearing hangers to lower.

Back to the heart of the matter. I would like to get another maybe 2 inches of ground clearance in the rear. The front is ok but I worry about the mount butterfly's catching something.
My yard is pretty flat but still has a few bumps and dips here and there.
I would love to keep the slicks because..... well..... they are really fun haha.
Is there an affordable taller slick out there?
Maybe an alternative I can mount thats not a racing slick but still fun enough to drift around the yard.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh Josh where ya been ? Lol Welcome back.
In order to gain the clearance you're looking for you will need taller tires,like you said. Problem is the width of your rear rims,you're limited on choices,however as the rim narrows tire choices (usually) increase. They make "dirt" tread tires for those rims that stand a bit taller. Try checking out BMI Karts to see all your choices.

Those are cool! Id just adresse anything that might get caught on the ground with skid plates and such. give it a try and see if its really a problem or not

Those are cool, outcrydrummer. I have been thinking about eventually getting a couple of karts for racing on my acre of land. My ground is pretty rough so I've been considering karts with suspension, such as on old Murray Kilowatt. i don't know why they called it a "Kilowatt" as they have a gas engine. Hard to find, though.

I ended up selling the red kart and keeping the blue kart.
I put 12" tires on it front and rear and I'm not having any ground clearance issues. Thing is absolutely a blast in the yard.

I ended up selling the red kart and keeping the blue kart.
I put 12" tires on it front and rear and I'm not having any ground clearance issues. Thing is absolutely a blast in the yard.
Sure would love to see a picture showing the tires and ground clearance. It is probably hard to quantify, but is you ground very rough?

Ground is pretty smooth. I have about 2" of ground clearance with the 12" tires. Pics wouldn't help you much because the grass kind of fills the space between for the most part.