Rare odd cool bore 2hp?

old shed finds

This engine was said to be the original engine on a 60s Arco Mini bike.... original shroud is missing. It got a crankcase breather with a louver instead of common rubber hose,it has the larger intake valve,,and most bonus the steel sleeve cool bore,Are these special mini bike Briggs engines? We never seen a steel sleeve 2hp till now.

Attachments

What would be helpful are some more pics. If it's a 2 hp engine, I doubt it would have been on an ARCO. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is a Kool Bore is aluminum and not steel bore (makes a huge difference on the rings you use).

65ShelbyClone

Iron sleeve means it is not a Cool Bore.

The CoolBore requires a chromed piston. I doubt the rings are any different, but don't actually know. The chromed pistons can be used in either cylinder type.

65ShelbyClone

The Kool Bore pistons were indeed chromed. They have to be or the piston and cylinder will scuff. That's at least partly why the Chevy Vega had plated pistons too.

I stand corrected... The pistons are chrome. There are different rings for the chrome piston. This clipping is from the Briggs 'Single Cylinder "L" Head Repair Manual'.
chrome piston 001.jpg