RARE, ORIGINAL as a last turd

Yep, I keep seeing that one too. Wondered if there was some aspect of Cats I didn't know about. Like that OHV engine, and that haybailer drive system, which as far as I'm concerned, is the coolest thing about that bike. :thumbsup:

It does have a jackshaft but it's grossly overpriced and the frame and forks are the only original part on it. It allegedly brought $399 at auction's end, either a fool shelled out the cash or a shill bidder ran it up for them. A shame prices have skyrocketed on minis and parts, deals like this Ebay 250x only affirm in people's mind that their POS minis are worth big money.

I got $350 for my 300X and IMO I did well, it had many original parts and a period correct 3hp briggs. I cleared $150 profit and the owner was thrilled to have it, he doesn't ride it unfortunately but he is 6 foot five.

motocycle

Did it really sell?

When I see things like this; I have to wonder if it really sold to a buyer.

I'm not saying it didn't, I just wonder.

A shame prices have skyrocketed on minis and parts, deals like this Ebay 250x only affirm in people's mind that their POS minis are worth big money.
Yup. The Ebay math. Kick stand: $90 Wheels: $120 Stars: $100. Vintage Engine: $160. If you have the right clutch cover and fenders, you can send your kids to college, and trash the frame. Plenty of those for sale cheap. (End of rant)

Edit: I have to say I have been fortunate that members here have sold me stuff that was way less than they could have got for it on Ebay.

Last edited:

mybiz

Most of the cat bikes are bringing more parted out, I'm not that greedy to destroy complete/vintage.:hammer: Most fenders front/rear junk or not my god selling on ebay at $100 ++ nuts.:eek:ut: Just for kicks I've thought of posting my complete ready to assembly Eliminator.. And my 100% original JCPenneys cat.

Most of the cat bikes are bringing more parted out, I'm not that greedy to destroy complete/vintage.:hammer: Most fenders front/rear junk or not my god selling on ebay at $100 ++ nuts.:eek:ut: Just for kicks I've thought of posting my complete ready to assembly Eliminator.. And my 100% original JCPenneys cat.
Eliminator is one I don't have. :wink: True, it takes a straight fender to sell for $150. (Recently) It's hard to see how anyone gets rich selling mini bike parts. I've kept track of what I spent on a couple of my bikes, and it's easily double what I could get on ebay from someone desprate.

Still, when all you need is that one part to make it original, what's another hunert or so?