Rarest Fox Campus Bike

Hi guys, I thought you might enjoy seeing a few pics of the rarest Fox Campus Bike ever made. In the early sixties Fox painted their Campus bikes a color called Hi Fi red and they used white plastic fenders, cowlings, and chain guards. However, in early 1962 they began experimenting with various colors and color combinations. They finally settled on a color called Hi Fi blue. Their first 1962 Hi Fi blue model sported a blue frame with blue fenders, cowling, chain guard, and a white seat. It must have been a very short run because later that year they switched over to a Hi Fi blue frame with all white fenders, cowlings, chain guards, and blue seats. I've been working with Fox Campus Bikes since the early 1960's and I have yet to see one with this color combination. I'm not sure that any even exist. This has to be one of the rarest Fox Campus Bikes ever produced. That's why I decided to do one of my restorations with this color scheme. I just finished getting it the roller stage this afternoon and I thought I'd post a few pics. With a white seat and a white Briggs motor it should make an outstanding addition to my collection. Hope you enjoy the pics. OGY

Attachments

What is the seat/tank made out of. Is it a real tank. They couldn’t have looked that good new. Amazing work.
ole4, The tank is a not really a fuel tank. It is a cowling that covered the 6volt battery used to run the lighting system. The Briggs motors had the tank attached to the motor itself. The original seat pan / cowlings were made out of polyethylene. They were notorious for yellowing and cracking from vibration. I made the molds for the fenders, cowling/seat pan, and chainguard and had them vacuformed from Kydex plastic. I can't tell you if the originals looked that good because I've never seen an original...lol. Ogy

Very cool, looks like those pointers I gave you PAID off. :)

BTW one of your C clamps on your peg board is out of alignment.

Last edited:

JTG

Ogy, Do you know Dick Teal? Dick worked for Fox when they were building the go karts and minibikes. He has been a great source of information on the vintage karting side. He has also restored many prize winning Fox go karts. He may be able to help out with information on the minibike side(not that you need any). He can be reached through one of the top four vintage go kart sites with a PM. Your bikes are looking awesome.

Ogy, Do you know Dick Teal? Dick worked for Fox when they were building the go karts and minibikes. He has been a great source of information on the vintage karting side. He has also restored many prize winning Fox go karts. He may be able to help out with information on the minibike side(not that you need any). He can be reached through one of the top four vintage go kart sites with a PM. Your bikes are looking awesome.
Excellent information JTG. I've often wondered if there was anybody still out there who worked for the original Fox company. I'll search him out and thanks for sharing. Ogy