Rascal Mini Bike Whoa!!!!

New to the forum. My Name is Richard from Omaha Nebraska. What brought me to your site is that I purchased a Rascal kit from GPS. I bought the kit for $895 couple days ago and arrived today. The only problem that I have found so far Is the screws on the riser kit for the handlebars are to large to fit in the pre drilled holes on the fork. Went on their site today and noticed a huge price jump on the same rascal kit at $1305. Looking forward to exploring the site more. I will share more pictures as build evolves.

IMG_2816.jpeg

$900 for a roller and now $1300 , I'm sorry but that is crazy in my opinion .
I thought the original price was crazy too, which is why I never bought one. A fabricator friend of mine made his interpretation of the Lil Rascal frame for me and only charged $300 for it. He even added a beer holder to it (hole in the top section). Lol

I'm thinking about keeping the 5hp Briggs in it if I can get it running decently. It will be getting different tires. I kind of want to stick my stage 4 212 in it after I finish the 236 stroker for my drag bike though.

Attachments

toomanytoys

They are such a cool frame design. I was on the fence about buying one but there is no way I’d pay that for a frame.

You can buy a brand new Coleman for 599 (seen them Saturday at dunhams) and you have a running riding bike. Add in a stage 1 and a tav and you still aren’t at the price for just the frane.

but to each their own! I hope you post up pictures of it completed. They look bad ass when done up right

Last edited:

Minimichael

Wow. $1305 for a roller frame with no suspension? Craig's list is a good place to find minibikes for a reasonable price. That's were I found my Rupp Roadster 2 frame complete with the wheels for only $100
Oh, I love that frame. It's like a modern day frijole!

Agreed about Craigslist, but around Chicago the inventory has gotten wise, such that if it has so much as two rusted wheels it's going for 4 or 500 no matter the condition. eBay is a better bet for frames in my mind, but then you're limited to finding parts that will fit it -- just to build your roller!

Anyway, I'm not defending a $900 roller, but I own 4 vintage resto's at this point and I'm thinking if I were to buy yet another bike, it will likely be a new roller.

Congrats on your purchase, rjwess. This is going to be fun to watch.

And yes the folks on here are super knowledgeable and won't steer you wrong. Stick around!

I thought the original price was crazy too, which is why I never bought one. A fabricator friend of mine made his interpretation of the Lil Rascal frame for me and only charged $300 for it. He even added a beer holder to it (hole in the top section). Lol

I'm thinking about keeping the 5hp Briggs in it if I can get it running decently. It will be getting different tires. I kind of want to stick my stage 4 212 in it after I finish the 236 stroker for my drag bike though.
Love that Hot Pink Doodle in the background Strigoi!!! :cool::scooter:

Love that Hot Pink Doodle in the background Strigoi!!! :cool::scooter:
Thanks!

It's got a 212 in it with a billet rod/flywheel, flat top piston, a .272 cam and a 24mm Mikuni flat slide. It rips with the 12/70 gearing it has. I've swapped out the clear plastic shroud for a black one (plastic one finally cracked) and it's running a different header now that you can see in the pic from the other post. It's a super fun bike that will do close to 50mph as it's set up.

Attachments

Made a little progress today. The brake assembly came in this morning, so I decided to get it mocked up. I have never worked on mini bikes or engines before so it took me and my son all day to get it put together. It was pretty satisfying and it was nice to get my son off his phone for the whole day. When we took it out for a test run it seems like it maybe dumping gas into the carb. When I was switching out the Main Fuel Jet the Air Jet feel out onto the ground so I am going to switch out for a new Air Jet and see if that works. Once I get this figured out we will enjoy it for a couple weeks then tear it down for powder coat.

IMG_2820.jpeg

IMG_2821.jpeg

nightgrider

Made a little progress today. The brake assembly came in this morning, so I decided to get it mocked up. I have never worked on mini bikes or engines before so it took me and my son all day to get it put together. It was pretty satisfying and it was nice to get my son off his phone for the whole day. When we took it out for a test run it seems like it maybe dumping gas into the carb. When I was switching out the Main Fuel Jet the Air Jet feel out onto the ground so I am going to switch out for a new Air Jet and see if that works. Once I get this figured out we will enjoy it for a couple weeks then tear it down for powder coat.

View attachment 291905

View attachment 291906
Great progress. Glad you are having fun building a mini with your son. Getting outside and doing something with your hands while having fun is the whole point of the hobby. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: