Recklessford’s 2018 Build Off - Anything Goes

You may as well pull the valves out of the head and do a home "port job" by removing all the flash and rounding over the shape edges. A dremel and sanding wheel works well just don't mess up the valve seats :) Then lap the valves back in with valve grinding compound.
Every little bit you do will help in the power department.
Danford1

You may as well pull the valves out of the head and do a home "port job" by removing all the flash and rounding over the shape edges. A dremel and sanding wheel works well just don't mess up the valve seats :) Then lap the valves back in with valve grinding compound.
Every little bit you do will help in the power department.
Danford1
Done and done.

What about that flat they add into the intake port? I’m assuming it’s there to promote swirl, but I also notice they don’t put it in all of there heads. Worth removing?

Personally, I would leave the flat alone but I'm not a professional head porter.
I think it is there to help air flow. The pros might have a better opinion on that though.
JMO Danford1

Done and done.

What about that flat they add into the intake port? I’m assuming it’s there to promote swirl, but I also notice they don’t put it in all of there heads. Worth removing?
I reshaped the "D" on the intake side to more like an oval and increased the size by 1/3. Kinda hard with a Dremel to get all the way back in there. My engine is the 1st gen 206.

I’ve been slacking on my updates. These next set of pics lack in process images but there are a few.
Finish welded the frame.

Making the primary cover. The only reason I made it from aluminum was because that’s what I had the most of laying around.

Making the exhaust.

Also, the engine has been cleaned up and re assembled. It’s looking pretty good. And I’ve rolled out some fenders but I’m not crazy about them so we will see where that goes. I know it’s getting to crunch time but what can you do.

Last edited:
Fenders and the seat. First a few photos of the rear fender. Fender is made of .05 aluminum and was made with an English wheel and shrinker. Hemmed edge. Strut it made from 22 gauge steel folded and then given a bead for strength. Front mounting tab is 16 gauge. Riveted together. Chain relief.

Next up is the seat. Started by powder coating the seat pan and clamp bar. Next used contact cement to hold things in place until they get fastened. After that the foam is put in place and the cover is wrapped around the bottom and clamped in place until it holds. Then tap the clamp bar in place punch through the holes and rivet.

Last edited:
Very nice lines. I like the use of the rear axle weldments right out of old school chopper world. The tight job of rolling those fenders, also looks excellent. Just a very beautiful bike all the way around.

delray

cool...…...:thumbsup:

maybe build one with a taller frame and run a flathead on it and it would fit right into the symco show....:scooter:

Last edited: