Replacment Tecumseh carb??

CarPlayLB

Hmmmm, care to clarify? What is there to specify if you are buying the (1) thing that is for sale? If I "buy it now" I assume I would get that carburetor lol
don't ASSume anything here! You may get a carb that has a straight inlet and a fixed jet at the bottom! Stock photo! Just sayin'!

Yeah, great, save twenty bucks. LOL, I got one of those exact ones. Once. Checking the float before installation, I found the float hinge-pin-retaining holes, (pivot holes) were so poorly machined that the bowl didn't pivot. The casting wasn't adequate for the holes to be drilled properly. I returned it, and got an Oregon from the same seller. Still a clone Tec, but higher in quality.

Check the casting on these, because the one I had was heinous! Of course the seven year old Chinese kid sitting on the assembly line probably thought nothing about it.

Edit: Looking above, I guess I am the only one who has had an issue. I am referring to the $20 ones, not the $40 ones. I used the more expensive clone carbs all the time with great success. Now I suck it up and spend an extra $30 on an original Tecumseh carb because it seems stupid to spend $1500 on a vintage bike, only to slap a piece of shit fake carb on it.

Better yet, forget the whole thing and spend a bit more and get a Pre-dater! :thumbsup: Bwahhaaa!!!!:laugh:
Those kids can't make em fast enough for me.

I watch out for the float bowl adjustment tab. It's like tin foil on those. All you have to do is flip it over too fast and it bangs against the needle and bends. LOL. I prefer to buy the old ones and rebuld em to be honest. As long as that check ball be rattlin...

thanks to this thread I ordered the carb from OldMiniBikes 19 bucks bolted it on and the engine started on the 3rd pull and went to idling like dream definatly a good carb