Rescued from the trash bin.

markus

It is a Sears sold bike, from right around 1976. small bike in the middle, the 80757 woud indiacate its actually from Sears, I dont know if they were made by or just another vendor but a company called ARA offered that odd line of bikes them as well at the same time and they called it a Trail scout. It was a short lived line of bikes, and you only see them for like a season or two, The ARA sold version form their 1976 catalog and below it is the 1976 Sears catalog (where yours came from) is below your engien configurations show like possibly 1975 build, it will be hard to get the numbers off it though due to the corrosion, they will be stamped across the top of the engine shroud up by the headbolts: ara 1976 (2).jpg sears1976 (2).JPG

It is a Sears sold bike, from right around 1976. small bike in the middle, the 80757 woud indiacate its actually from Sears, I dont know if they were made by or just another vendor but a company called ARA offered that odd line of bikes them as well at the same time and they called it a Trail scout. It was a short lived line of bikes, and you only see them for like a season or two, The ARA sold version form their 1976 catalog and below it is the 1976 Sears catalog (where yours came from) is below your engien configurations show like possibly 1975 build, it will be hard to get the numbers off it though due to the corrosion, they will be stamped across the top of the engine shroud up by the headbolts: View attachment 258849 View attachment 258848
Thanks, you guys are good. I've got a Sears 106SS and a Montgomery Wards Mojave 260 also. The Trail Scout will fit in there real nice

Attachments

old shed finds

That's a joke that neat little thing was going to the dump??
I know everyone can see the HS40 sitting in it 500.00 value now days..
Really ?? Damn we would love to find something like this....

That's a joke that neat little thing was going to the dump??
I know everyone can see the HS40 sitting in it 500.00 value now days..
Really ?? Damn we would love to find something like this....
Yes, it was in the trash. It looked like the house was being sold.
I had a bad feeling it was going to be crushed in the back of a trash truck.
I worked summers at a Honda dealer in the early 70's as a kid and saw a lot of old Hondas head off to the dump as scrap metal.