Restoring 1977 Super Bronc VT-8

MacG

Pretty excited I found this site today. Trying to get my head around what I need to do in order to get a 1977 model Super Bronc VT-8 back up and running for my grandsons to enjoy. My Dad built this mini bike from an original Heald kit in 1977. He had it on the farm in the panhandle of Texas and enjoyed it along with our kids for many years. It has been in the barn not running for probably 15 years or longer. I remember my Dad saying the engine was toast last time I asked him about it. Maybe someone on this forum could point me to good places to find parts? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Attachments

delray

nice to keep it in the family. just make sure the grandsons are old enough ride that bike. it's Big. keep it safe...

still have are first minibike are dad purchase for us in 1971
I pick up a vt-8 from a original owner. kind of a weird one . has a lighted coil with electric start and battery,but no headlight or tail light.
contact my cousin @chatten63 he makes new covers,decals. engine parts should be easy to find still.

Pretty excited I found this site today. Trying to get my head around what I need to do in order to get a 1977 model Super Bronc VT-8 back up and running for my grandsons to enjoy. My Dad built this mini bike from an original Heald kit in 1977. He had it on the farm in the panhandle of Texas and enjoyed it along with our kids for many years. It has been in the barn not running for probably 15 years or longer. I remember my Dad saying the engine was toast last time I asked him about it. Maybe someone on this forum could point me to good places to find parts? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I do have a VT8 that is already disassembled for sale that I posted yesterday - you would be able to make a complete bike out of the parts that I have.
I am located in Lago Vista TX; feel free to leave me your number if you should have any questions.