Revisiting the Lemon Peeler....aka Ruttman Spyder

Oh my, what a jewel , Bill. I;ve not seen a chrome/polished stock tank before, that's rare..
Could you elaborate on your exhaust system a bit, it's incredibly out of
the box and beauteous.

Thanks everyone...

Oh my, what a jewel , Bill. I;ve not seen a chrome/polished stock tank before, that's rare..
Could you elaborate on your exhaust system a bit, it's incredibly out of
the box and beauteous.
Thanks...I had the tank and all the tins chromed when I originally started this build years ago. The pipe was made by a local guy in the Detroit area about 8-9 years ago (though I forgot his name now). It is based off the original Ruttman "S" pipe. He made it exact except for the flange to run a clone/Honda motor. I also had that chromed because...just had to..lol.

Bill, are you saying Ruttman sold a mini with that pipe on it in dull steel?
Does your leg get close to it when you ride it, or am I looking at it wrong?
They sold it separate...like a add on part per say. But I am sure you could order a bike with it on there already. You could walk into a Ruttman dealer and basically build a kit bike any way you wanted it back in the day. And you just have to watch your heel of the boot on it. You will get a better view once the bike is complete and all the parts are on in that area.

That's one awesome "S" pipe, love those five stars in the background too, glad to see it back on the front burner. I am the same way when it comes to my projects, many sit for years until I run into an issue on a current build, then I start looking at the stuff that I haven't finished and tinker with that for a bit. Eventually stuff gets done but I really need to focus on one project at a time, get it finished then move on to the next. I have a Honda Ruckus stretch/chop project that has been in the build process going on seven years now. Keep up the great work, she's gonna be a real head turner.

Nice bike! Have a question tho, how do you disassemble the forks properly?
Grab the spring in one hand...and twist the fork lower in the other counter clock wise. They are basically all interlocked by the springs. You do the same to remove the spring from the triple tree. There are no inserts like Rupp and other so it is metal to metal. if this doesn't make sense..let me know because I am horrible with writing steps...lol. Also..if they don't want to budge...you can use an old axle bolt in the lowers eye and gently twist it for more leverage. Just don't go apeshit crazy and bend the eyelet.

Grab the spring in one hand...and twist the fork lower in the other counter clock wise. They are basically all interlocked by the springs. You do the same to remove the spring from the triple tree. There are no inserts like Rupp and other so it is metal to metal. if this doesn't make sense..let me know because I am horrible with writing steps...lol. Also..if they don't want to budge...you can use an old axle bolt in the lowers eye and gently twist it for more leverage. Just don't go apeshit crazy and bend the eyelet.
Man thanks a ton!!! I knew there was a way to remove them.