richtrix vintage class Wild Goose, just in time

Here's the start to my Ruttman Wild Goose entry....The frame has been rattle canned so it will be blasted and painted with auto paint. I haven't decided if I'm going to polish the wheels or sand blast them. Thinking I'm going to add a comet 2 speed clutch ,if it will fit. I've got a 4hp lighted Tec and a 3.5hp Tec, probably use the 3.5hp it may be more correct. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Richie

Nice to see another Ruttman build:thumbsup:. Yes the 2 speeds works and fits. A local guy has that set up with a Briggs Raptor. Also..will you be joining the red nose challenge?:laugh:

The Goose is a two speed

I got to do a little work on the Goose today. Welded in the jackshaft brackets. It took a little adjusting to get everything lined up but it looks like it's going to fit! I think I'll weld in another seat bracket and maybe add bushings to the steering tube. If I do I'll have to cut the length of the tube down so with the 5/8" x 1/2" flange, bushings it will fit in the fork. Then off the the sand blaster.

I couldn't stand having just one seat mount so I added another. Off the the sandblaster. Just got a pile of stuff in from OldMiniBikes warehouse. Now time to finish the wheels.

Moving forward...no clown nose for me

Took the wild goose to be sand blasted and the guy offered to blast and powder coat for $55, so powder coat it is....Bead blasted the wheels but decided to polish instead, a little more work but I like it. 1986 HS35 tore down for cleaning and re paint then I'll be ready to put it together and ride!

WOW $55 to powder coat I woulda jumped on that too!! Those wheels look great bead blasted or polished...would be a hard decision for me also!! The Goose is looking great Rich!!

She's a roller!

I had a little time today so I put the wheels together and sized the axle bushings to center the wheels. I've got to put a pin in the kickstand. The old one broke off so the stand folds both ways. Put the fenders on and the frame is done and I can start cleaning and painting the Tecumseh.