Riding Mower Racing, any help

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
That's Right ! Rider Mower Racing.

Mod Class, Has to look like a riding Mower.

18HP Opposed Briggs is the plan

Extended wheel base from 44" to 56-58"

Slammed chassis about 2 1/2" off the ground

Still a work in progress, Steering wheel is not where it will be when done.

Thoughts ?? Advise ?? Tips ?? Thanks

I am rebuilding a 18.5 hp opposed twin now. After 20 plus years of cutting 4 rocky acres it started knocking real bad. (no oil filter) I figured it was about to throw a rod so after dissasembly everything looked fine inside except for the Mag side DU bush. It was badly worn.

I watched them race a few years ago, what a hoot! I don't remember them being that low, but it has been a few years.

I know they run a small input pulley on the transmission but most lawn tractor transmissions wouldn't last spinning that fast.

Of course I don't remember which transmission was coveted for holding up to the abuse. :laugh:

Neat project, I'll be watching! :thumbsup:

WLB

The sponsoring organization or a business that built engines for the series was at the Performance Racing Industry show in Indianapolis last year. They said they moved from stock looking mowers to the lowered types because too many people had been hurt when they turned over. They had some wild looking engines on display and they cost more than a 400 hp Chevy engine.

Your project looks very nice.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I watched them race a few years ago, what a hoot! I don't remember them being that low, but it has been a few years.

I know they run a small input pulley on the transmission but most lawn tractor transmissions wouldn't last spinning that fast.

Of course I don't remember which transmission was coveted for holding up to the abuse. :laugh:

Neat project, I'll be watching! :thumbsup:
There are many class's Kenny, the basic class is just your every day Riding Mower.
They are kept at the lower HP when it comes to the engine.

Here is the link if you should want to have a look. Rules | Western Ontario Outlaws

Thanks Kenny & WLB

Don't know alot about racing mowers..except evolving..they are cool..arent most now upright riding position gokarts with live axles ..or should be imo...witch I'm OK with...more or less rat rod mowers.I think they should make spearate mud class for mowers having a traditional tranny..of sorts..just what I'd like to see..

That's Right ! Rider Mower Racing.

Mod Class, Has to look like a riding Mower.

18HP Opposed Briggs is the plan

Extended wheel base from 44" to 56-58"

Slammed chassis about 2 1/2" off the ground

Still a work in progress, Steering wheel is not where it will be when done.

Thoughts ?? Advise ?? Tips ?? Thanks

That is as cool as he!! :thumbsup: Corey ! Are you going to build it ?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hey OND, Yep, that's the plan.

Rear fender, Roll bar and seat area is just about set up.

Picking up the engine and spare chassis tomorrow.

Hoping to get steel required, to extend the frame and build the front walking beam.

Lots to figure out yet, then a slight rip down for paint.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hey OldMiniBikes'ers !

I've had this done for sometime now ! Still working out Clutch Quirks and Bugs.

So it has been for a drive, Broke a few things :laugh: now rethinking a few things and back to the drawing board.

But, heck its almost there. Still need to do up the Race # 118 and hood decal " HOG WILD "

" HOG WILD " is self explained with the hood ornament :laugh:

Oh, I forgot

I still need to box in the fuel tank area just to tidy things up.

Last edited:

WLB

It's looking good. Just the other day I saw something that reminded me of your project and was wondering how it was coming along.:thumbsup: