round tank mounts for choppers??

markus

My old Manco Delta 1 is back in my garage. I was thinking of having some fun with it if I decide to build it. Just as my buddy was dropping the chopper off and another bike I am working on for him the mail lady pulled up and handed me a package from minimatic that had a cool tank I just bought from him :thumbsup:

While the Delta 1 and stars and stripes bikes used standard engine mounted tanks, the curves and shape of this bike are perfect for a round tank up front like others of the same time period. If anyone has a frame like nanza or any other that has a stock round tank could maybe get me close up of the brackets that holds it on that would be great :thumbsup: Would like to make something that looks the part if I do it.

tanks steve sent me is a 4x7:

thanks for any help:thumbsup:

markus

I like the Ruttman one:thumbsup: It looks like if I do it I will need to be spaced off the frame like that a bit so I can get full swing on the bars.

this bike does have a nice big reinforcement plate for the headtube I would like to try utilize. if I can make something that bolts on through that it could be removed and only just a hole drilled in that plate if someone wanted it more stock looking.

delray

hey markus, i think one of the better bikes to get a good ideal how to mount a tank would be to research the fox thunderbolt chopper....:thumbsup:

markus

hey markus, i think one of the better bikes to get a good ideal how to mount a tank would be to research the fox thunderbolt chopper....:thumbsup:
do you still have yours? I just did some searching but everyones pics are pretty small, is there a tab that comes down off the inside of the headtube to attach the strap to? It kinda looks like that :shrug:

delray

here you go markus. looks like they just weld a curve piece of steel on the inside ,so you can mount the tank to it........:thumbsup:

Here ya go Markus, the Trail horse is similar to the Fox mount, it looks like just a piece of flat steel on the front down tubes:

The Bonanza chopper frame is very similar in size and shape as the Manco, on those they just used a single piece of flat stock in a U shape on the underside of the top tubes:

Sorry for the crappy pics but it's so cold out the lights don't want to work:laugh:, hope this helps:thumbsup:

markus

Thanks for all the pics guys :thumbsup: Looks like we have covered a fair amount of the big name choppers at least :laugh:

Now I need to work on getting rid of some others so I can work on this one :thumbsup: