RT200

jbonez

Hey everybody new to the mini bike scene, I recently picked up a Coleman RT200 for a steal, used one time for $400. I've seen online a lot of people modding the CT200 and I'm looking to do the same for my RT200.

So my question is am I able to use this convertor linked below for my RT200?

https://www.gopowersports.com/colem...glXPFRI-GjrjaVEQCN7DFR90RrrrNBHcaAnZKEALw_wcB

Also, if you have any suggestions to make it go faster without this convertor or messing with the governor or any advice in general, I'd love to hear them.

SAS289

Welcome to the forum.

Do not buy that kit until you are sure of what you need. Remove the clutch and measure the crankshaft size. Yours may be 3/4". That kit is for an engine with a 16mm crankshaft. If you read the description they mention the 3/4" crankshaft.

You are starting off on the right track if you leave the governor and throttle linkage alone and install a torque converter.

jbonez

Welcome to the forum.

Do not buy that kit until you are sure of what you need. Remove the clutch and measure the crankshaft size. Yours may be 3/4". That kit is for an engine with a 16mm crankshaft. If you read the description they mention the 3/4" crankshaft.

You are starting off on the right track if you leave the governor and throttle linkage alone and install a torque converter.
Yeah, I was watching a video yesterday about the size of the crankshaft, I'm definitely going to wait till I get around to measuring it. I messed with the governor on my old gas golf cart and it did make it faster but the fucker back fired like crazy, so I'm trying to stay away from messing with anything like that.

Would there be anything else to pair with the torque convertor to make sure it runs properly?

SAS289

You may want to have a look at this video because your frame may be similar if not identical. Besides the how to, there's another good lesson on why you shouldn't remove the governor at this point of the progression. His gain was from the "stage 1" kit, NOT the governor removal. Even if his belt didn't shift all the way he is still running less than governed RPM at top speed with the throttle screw backed out. In other words, he wasted time and effort removing the governor.