Rupp Continental Drag Bike...

Helloall. It has been several years since I have owned a mini bike. But, I still had a few motors latin around and I found a deal I could not pass up. I have what I believe used to be a Rupp Continental. Please correct me if I am wrong. I bought this roller for $20. I just sat the engine in for the pic.
A drag bike would be cool... or a bobber?

Questions:

Is this a Rupp continental?

Since the previous owner thought it would be cool to cut the jack shaft mounts off I dont know what to do. There really isnt room for a new jack shaft, and I dont see a way to mount the engine without one.... Any ideas?

Owner cut off the brake mounts... should I add a scrub brake?

I am going to look at a kick start briggs tonight for the bike. It is small and might work without the jack shaft.

I will keep you updated.

mini3_zpsdcc4a23f.jpg Photo by rimfirekyle | Photobucket

markus

its a 1969 frame, roadster/scrambler/goat they were all the same. the headlight mounts appear to have been ground off yours making it a Goat now.

I like the extended swingarm, something I want to do something someday, that ones maybe a touch long for my taste but still pretty different. cut and move the cups on fork lowers and drop the nose down :thumbsup:

Im going to have to go up in the rear. the frame is about 2 inches of the ground. About 1 1/2 inches when Im on it. That doesnt leave a whole lot of room for turning though. It drags very easily. But I agree it would look awesome.

Ok, so I got my HF Predator yesterday. I am going to put it in the frame tonight to see how it fits. As the rear of the bike has no brakes whatsoever and Im not to good at fab work, I think that a clutch brake will be a good choice for the bike.

I know I need this

Chain Guard

But how to I know which band...? and what other hardware?

I would move the lower shock mounts inward a few inches to gain some more ground clearance. you would only need to weld in a new lower mounting bracket which you could do. I used to have doubts in my fabricating abilities but once you dig in and start-it, you will find you can do it and maybe more.

I also think you may get away without a jackshaft setup but will have one crazy long chain to support with a tensioner. Maybe another pic of the other side showing why it might not work as you mentioned earlier.

The band brake/clutch brake is measure from overall diameter. I haven't used one but have seen them in 4,5, and 6 inches. Just have to find the one that goes around your clutch and then fab up some support brackets. There are lots of examples in these build threads.

Good luck!