Rupp Go-Joe Mod and Custom

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hey Guys Thanks !

Yes, Snow is on its way out & Spring is here.

Can't wait to dig back into this one and get it done.

An yes, its a Trirod body. Found that out later on.

Thanks on the Glass work, I could not be happier about the outcome .

Last edited:

Cuda54

NICE body work! It looks like it is coming along nicely it should not take to long to smooth it out. And get it read to paint are you going to match the Go Joe paint?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Sorry to say no progress on this project. :shrug:

You have to remember this is a Customer / Friends Rig.
Not mine or it would be done.

I can only do what they have the money to do. So its been on hold all this summer But,
it has given me time to get in deep with the Drag bike project.

Hope to be working on the Go-Joe again soon?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Well. to my surprise I'm back working on this project !

All that ugly metal has been cut away, I've ground down the welds and the frame is now clean of it all.

I put the rear axle back in with its new sprocket and brake disc.

Now I'm just in the stages of seeing how I'm going to do the engine mounting plate, jackshaft and brake bracket.

Wish me Luck.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hello ! Been working on this for sometime now, Actually more time off it than on it.

However, we kicked in the after burner an got things into gear, This thing is almost ready to Ride !

BKane

This is very cool! I am brand new here to the site, I found it the other day while I was searching the net. I have enjoyed reading about this project and I wish I had your fiberglas skills. I am glad to see you have almost got it going..very nice work.

Been thinking about getting my old toy out and fixing it up. I bought this MANY years ago when I was a kid with money I made trapping pocket gophers. It never has worked right. I was too young then to understand the clutches and didn't have internet so it was a bit overwhelming at the time. It was hard to start with the wrap-around pull rope so my brother and I used to start it with another belt and an electric motor on a cement block..one of us would pull back on the electric motor and pray the belt came off when it did start, and when it did run it barely moved. Anyway, it might be time to fix it up.

From what I have learned in just the last few days here I believe my Go Joe is completely intact and original, Chrysler 8hp motor..I am skeptical that the belt is the correct one and maybe that was it's problem all along. Anyway, right now I am just learning all I can about it. I have learned quite a bit just searching these forums

Very cool site here, I have been checking quite a few things out. I also have an AC Whisker mini bike..started riding that when I was four years old, also a Honda Mini Trail 50 that I bought for $25 when I was eight. It lived under a tree in Casselton ND for years and wasn't guaranteed to run but just after a good air filter cleaning I rode the heck out of that little machine :)

-Bob

Attachments

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Nice, I'd love to get my hands on that, LOL ^^ Welcome to OldMiniBikes :laugh:

Great rig that needs a little love. Yours is the smaller HP version. My friends here is the delux with lights.

I Love these things and the Three Wheeler counterparts. Love to see your build thread when you get to it.

Also, thanks for the comment on the glass work. I've worked as a auto body man for a bit an learned a few things.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Well, I pulled that ATV Muffler and went back to the OG go-joe muffler.

The Engine was loud with no exhaust, The ATV muffler acted like a megaphone ( Twice as Loud ) !
Fun but, Holy Crap, :laugh:

All that's left now is 4 body bolts, install a new headlight an two screws. ( Test Drive ) :thumbsup:

I also did up another helmet. I'll have to get another Blue one or Red.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
TEST Drive, Went out, Fired it up hopped on and drove about 15miles !

Shown it off to a few people then drove it back, 30mile round trip.

Real touchy steering at full speed, which I'll guess is at 45mph or so.

Hate to see it levee and go back to its new home. Might go into the Christmas Parade?

Oh well, On to the Drag bike, LOL

BKane - Honestly, that 820 will be a helluva lot easier and cheaper to restore than the Kohler. I'm still screwing around with mine! Very cool project though., well worth restoring.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
You got that right, Hit a dip in the road at full out. I'm pretty sure I got a little bit of air time !

Came down bouncing around, 3 - 4 hops and carried on, bit spooky for a bit though, :laugh:

That 295cc Kohler is sweet but, I think a 8 - 10hp would be great.

Last edited: